Introductions Forum

Nathan Caroland

Hi

I'm Malte. I planing on ordering malifaux stuff this week with 2 friends of mine.

We are playing Warhammer fantasy and are looking for a game that is shorter and where the Szenarios matter more than killing your Opposition.

We are based in Hannover germany. Are there any other players from our Region?

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

I'm Laal and have got into Malifaux through my husband, Forgotmytea. I'm 28 and based in the North West of England. I've never been a minitures player, however my husband got into in, bought Puppet Wars, convinced me to have a game (or several), dragged took me along to Rumble Under the Gaslight 3, where everyone was really nice, and I've allowed him to teach me to play. I've only played 2 demo games with Lady J's part of the Guild, but have had fun. I've been reading up on the fluff and have finally reached the point where I can read the rules and understand them (mostly). It's my dream to have a Guild crew in green and purple and to maybe play in a tournament at some point down the road.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings to all!

My name is Benamon and i live in Cornwall in the United Kingdom and just started out with Malifaux.

I grew up with Games Workshop  (early 80's onwards) but dropped out with the demands of University and then work.

MIssing the painting and conversions as well as playing I started up at the end of last year.

Malifaux has caught my eye with its miniatures and story, Dark, Gothic, Steampunk, occult horror is certainly a draw.

Beyond wargaming i am a fine art photographer and usually create work in similar themes,  especially in the case of one of my ongoing projects which is based in an abandoned victorian nursery called the The Lost Toy Room. 

I am Tuius, a slightly (more than slightly) manic Malifaux lover hanging out in Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.A. who loves to play (even though I constantly lose to Asrian) at the LGS whenever I can (which my wife allows on Thursdays ). I primarily play Nicodem (though not lately, because they're getting painted ), though I also have Marcus, Perdita, and Criid. I love the look of the models but don't paint because I hate painting (I am a residential painter by trade). The fantastic tactical play of the game is what drew me. In the age old debate of pie v cake, I have sided with cake. Think that's everything. Viva le Resistance! (I don't speak French, I got that from a Southpark episode).

• Like 1

Hello Strangers,

I'm Nemo13, name's Richard.

I'm living in Honolulu. Malifaux is the only miniatures game I play; and I got into largely because of the games sense of humor and Wyrd's level of caring about their customers. I stay because the models are challenging to paint (and beautiful if done well), and because I enjoy the game, though I am terrible at it. XD

I do like watching the betas and trying to break things...

My primary factions are Rezzers & Outcasts. I got started on Arcanists when my local Henchman suggested Raspi... and then I found Leveticus, it was true love. Also, watching him be a ridiculous challenge to balance was a great source of weekly humour during the beta. Through that, I've gotten into Tara, then to Nico, and now my list spans all but two factions. Leve is still one of my favorites, though I like Yan Lo (two days ago I joined the beard club, WOOO), McMourning, and Hamelin as well.

My favorite part of this hobby is the painting. I started learning to paint with Raspi, and I think I stripped and repainted that model half a dozen times. I'm getting better, though only through lots of time and patience. I'm still terrible at details like eyes.

Anyway.... That's me!

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Malifaux forum!

My initials are T K and that's how I like to be known. At least in a friendly informal environment.

Malifur doesn't take much explaining. This is Malifaux and my profile photo has fur. Why a rabbit? Like me, a rabbit is friendly, creative and compassionate, and also prefers to avoid confrontation....

....I keep my battles for the gaming table where the troubles of the week are expelled in one of two ways: 1. I'm an evil villain (aka games master) with a taste for making the heroes suffer OR 2. I am one of the heroes battling against another diabolical world-ender.

I've never played Malifaux, but I plan on starting with Through the Breach. My ambitions are eventually to game with 54mm or 75mm miniatures. I'll also create story videos on YouTube.

That's me!

Will see you among the TTB forums.

Hi!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. My name is Artem and I'm from Saint-Petereburg, Russia. I'm play almost 20 years on board games, pen and paper RPGs and miniature war games. Now I'm totally addicted by Malifaux and play as Guild crews plus planing start TTB campaigning. My other hobby - motorcycle and travels. I'm work on game development and happy seeing your all.

P.S. Sorry for my "pigeon" English.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

my name is Frerik from germany. I am a Software Engineer, 26 years old, and in my spare time I enjoy computer games as well as of course... Malifaux ;) I am playing Malifaux for some time now in our small local gaming group. My friends were playing table top games and when they switched to Malifaux I joined in.

Currently I am fielding Arcanists with Rasputina, Ramos and Mei Feng but I recently got me a Lynch and I am looking forward to dable a little bit more into Neverborn.

After following the forums for quite some time, (especially the battle reports, keep up the good work!) I thought I join in with an Introduction.

As a personal side node: @Dirial I am not drawing the red rocker every turn with Rasputina as you (if i remember correctly) claimed three times now! I skip a round or two every game :P

Hello everyone,

As a personal side node: @Dirial I am not drawing the red rocker every turn with Rasputina as you (if i remember correctly) claimed three times now! I skip a round or two every game :P

Hey Fre!

Well, why do you think I'm talking about you?  :D

I mainly pieced that together from others' reports regardless. I think we only ever played one game.

Hey Fre!

Well, why do you think I'm talking about you?  :D

I mainly pieced that together from others' reports regardless. I think we only ever played one game.

Wow that was fast!

I thought you were talking about me because everyones mobbing me for card luck :D I have a photo of a hand from the weekend before last and the common opinion was that I should send it to you ;)

Wow that was fast!

I thought you were talking about me because everyones mobbing me for card luck :D I have a photo of a hand from the weekend before last and the common opinion was that I should send it to you ;)

I can imagine it quite well....  ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I'm Hintaboco but you can call me Hinta~

I'm 25(about to turn 26~) and I'm new to Malifaux, I'm learning the game with my hubby and already have a few masters i like.

So far my favorite masters are Lilith,Colette and Justice. I'm always looking to learn more about this game and hope I learn a lot here~ ^_^

Hello, I'm Dan (or Danno),

I've followed Malifaux for a bit and since I recently dropped WH40k wanted to start something new that had more going for it than just building a huge army. I've been into rpg/tabletop/board games for most of my life. I have mainly enjoyed the painting/modelling side of most miniature games I've played. Malifuax looks to scratch the itch of having some good background to go along with the miniatures.

The master's I'm starting with are The Dreamer and Tara. Lord Chompy Bits and the Nothing Beast were too cool looking to pass up though I've got my eye on some other crew boxes already...

Hello There, I am GoDsHanD

My real name is Daniel and I am from Portugal and I have 32 years old. I work in a Hobby store in Lisbon called KultGames. 

I am in really deep love with Malifaux and all the background that goes with it. Love the way the company works and the way how it deals with is costumers. Been playing for 6 months now and the community is growing little by little. Thinking in trying to become a Henchman in October so I can help put Portugal on the Map for everything malifaux related. 

My main faction is Guild because I always have been a huge fan of western movies  :D

Glad to be here and Ready to learn how to play better and better.

:ram

Hi everybody!

I'm a Malifaux player from Madrid, Spain (so please excuse my poor English and et cetera xD). I've been playing Malifaux for the last year, I play almost exclusively  with Misaki (Ten thunders version) and I fricking love her, a little more after each game. I also have Mei Feng's crew, but only use it for demos and introductory games.

I've been lurking for a while through the breach the forum, but I felt it was time to introduce myself as I wanted to ask some questions and participe a little more.

Greetings!

Hello folks,

Been lurking the Wyrd site and the forums for a bit, and just recently started Malifaux (like literally a few days ago). Player presence in Calgary is pretty quiet unfortunately, so finding an opponent is bit hard. But hopefully I could convince my regular playing group to jump in.

Got a Mei Feng Crew, and planning to grab a Lucas crew so I could start demo-ing the game to my friends.

Hoping to talk you folks, and see you around the forums :)

I'm a 3037 year old Wizard and I've played 3 games of Malifaux.  I'm familiar with dozens of game systems for wargaming, from skirmish level upwards, and play several boardgames regularly.  I run a gaming club called the Wizard's Tower and Foundry Campaigns, and I am a commission painter by trade. I have to do something while I lay low from the Cabal.  Possibly posting my location in the location thread was ill advised.  Those no-good pesky necro-savants may be on to me...

I'm an Outcast by nature (no matter what game I am playing) but I find affinity to Neverborn as well.  My interest was first piqued by the Mailfaux miniatures to be used in an RPG setting but now I am becoming increasingly drawn into the game so for the past week I've been reading the forums and planning my initial purchases.  

I reside in a suburb of the Los Angeles sprawl known as Arcadia and spend a lot of time during the week commuting back and forth to work in this God Forsaken city.

My other interests in gaming are DnD, LCGs, Doomtown Reloaded card game and Eldritch Horror board game.  I'm also being drawn into Dark Age miniatures game and have been studying a way into that game.

I look forward to being a part of this community albeit as an old noob initially.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm Marcanist. I've been playing Malifaux for about a month and I'm really enjoying it. My SO introduced me to it and it's my first miniatures game (previously I was a boardgame-only girl!) I volunteer as a wildlife rescuer in the real world, so of course I immediately chose Marcus and his many beasts and I've been enjoying letting my little Jackalope nibble the faces off things. Jackalope's current body count includes a Poltergeist and a Guild master as well as a few other smaller models.

Looking forward to getting to know everybody and also to participating in the Nythera event!

• Like 1