GenCon

Guest Eastern Front Studios

Barring unforseen circumstances, my husband and I are going to be there. I was figuring I really ought to get started painting for the comp already, see if I can get more than one finished in time this year. And maybe I'll actually get to hang out with some folks in the mini community, but judging from previous experience, probably not. ;->

I'm planning on being there. Got the general pass and the hotel room. Only the complications of a new job (which I don't have yet) might prevent me. I'm going to probably concentrate a little more on the painting side of the con, last year the only real painting thing I got involved in was attending a discussion on making money painting minis.

For what it's worth, I plan to be there. A lot of 'real life' things need to come together first, but there should be time.

Side note: If anyone here needs some unofficial, not-quite local information, suggestions, etc., let me know by PM or e-mail. I live about 90 miles from Indy and would be glad to help the 'mini community' in some way.

does anyone know where to find the rules/guidelines for the painting comp? I've been thinking of trying my hand in a comp later in the year after GD LA, and I'm sort of getting tired of GW minis, so this might be the ticket. Maybe even bring a Wyrd mini or two ;)

does anyone know where to find the rules/guidelines for the painting comp? I've been thinking of trying my hand in a comp later in the year after GD LA, and I'm sort of getting tired of GW minis, so this might be the ticket. Maybe even bring a Wyrd mini or two ;)

Here. The miniatures stuff is under show highlights on the GenCon Indy page. The classesarent up yet but the painting competition rules are.

Here. The miniatures stuff is under show highlights on the GenCon Indy page. The classesarent up yet but the painting competition rules are.

Perfect, thank you :)

I am more interested in these rules than the classes anyway, I think if I was there, I'd spend most of my time just making life hell for Nathan anyway :reddy:

(well maybe not, I'd be nice! We have an evil little plan)

oh, what do the new trophies look like that they've hinted at?!!

Perfect, thank you :)

I am more interested in these rules than the classes anyway, I think if I was there, I'd spend most of my time just making life hell for Nathan anyway :reddy:

(well maybe not, I'd be nice! We have an evil little plan)

oh, what do the new trophies look like that they've hinted at?!!

If they're the ones we had at SoCal, then they're really nice clear glassisg looking things with words etched on the back of them. Quite classy.

Half the fun of GenCOn is harassing all the dealers ;)

Guest Eastern Front Studios

very cool seems I will get to meet alot of the people I know online... havent done cons in about 10 years so should be really fun going again.