Vampire Noble Lady

green stuff

This is a little project I've been working on since quite some time now and with a bit of luck it should get cast in metal :).

Sketch 1

Sketch 2

Sketch 3

The aim was to work more on the aristocratic nature of vampires than on the blood drinking beasts they can be but that have already been done too often in miniatures. So the final design has her walking away from her prey and wiping the blood on her lips.

WIP1

WIP2

WIP3

Final front

Final left

Final back

Final right

I know that her feet are a bit big and so is her left hand, but I'd be really interested to have feedback from the Wyrd people. Don't be afraid to give her hell, she's seen worst ;).

I think a couple of things look awkward in the photos that might not actually be awkward in real life. The facial expression looks a bit confusing in the front photo, but I'm sure it will be more clear if the mini was painted. Also the stance looks wierd in th front photo, but not from the sides. I'm also pleased to see that the head looks more proportionate than it did in the WIP shots you showed me before. I think the neck, shoulders, and hair looks very good.

I hope that it will be cast! Then, I might get the chance to paint one! ;)

The hair looks a bit severe and "grandma-ish". I think some loose tendrils hanging down along the edges would soften her appearance enough to make her more ladylike and less vampire-schoolmarm. As an example, I'd have to point you over to the Jen Haley thread to see her green that Patrick posted down in the thread, under the Mongolian girl.

Although the idea of an aristocratic vampire lady immediately made me think of Carmila from the Vamire Hunter D: Bloodlust amine:

car03.jpg

:thumb:

Thanks to both of you for your feedback :).

@Anders : yeah, her stance is a bit strange. But having seen the problems I met to cast the Margo mini I tried to group things up a bit ... didn't come out as I planned :(.

@Michelle : I've been lurking on that Jen Haley thread that Patrick started but didn't have any thing interesting to say that wasn't said by others :P. However I do like the Carmila pic you posted. I'm not familiar with it. What's the background about? I thought about adding curly locks a while ago but the idea got lost until this morning ... and then the commisioner answered my mail and said he liked it as is :P.

The mini should be a L.E. to thank the commisioner's clients, so it's not going to be sold in the traditional sense of the term.

Michelle : I do like the Carmila pic you posted. I'm not familiar with it. What's the background about?

That's Carmila on her throne (she has her own castle). Here another pic of her standing:

06.jpg

You never heard of Vampire Hunter D?! Aw man, it's one of the best anime's out there. Here's some links for your edification:

Official Website

A fansite

Urban-Vision's site

:peace:

Huh? What? Did somebody mention something about a post.....?

I like sketch 3 as far as a pose.

The details on the costume turned out well. I like the ruff and the lacing on her bodice. The pics seem kinda small or soft to get a good idea of the face, but you already complained about your camera so that's not a biggie. Great work.

And thanks for hosting those anywhere but photobucket, I can actually see them at work (yay!)