Reaper Lupine Shaman

Vicky

Wow! Thanks for the kind welcome and thank you all very much for the wonderful comments! I'd gotten frustrated with the figure I'm currently working on, but this has really encouraged me to keep working on painting.

Oh, and thank you, Supervike, for bidding! Yay!!!

Thanks, again! Glad you like it!

I took three classes at Reaper Con, one taught by Anne Foerster and the other two by Laszlo Jakusovszky. Laszlo's classes were on blending and NMM, while Anne's class was over painting hair and fur. The process for fur uses a wet in wet technique to simulate a base coat of fur which is then higlighted. I used photo reference to determine color choices and placement on the figure and it works very well! I saw a dramatic improvement right away from the figures I had been doing! I have a wolf pack I started after taking the class using several different color patterns. I need to post them when I get them finished.

Hope this was helpful. Give the technique a try and let me know what you think!

Again, very well done Vicky.

I so wish I could attend a few of these painting classes. Laszlo happens to be one of the studio painters for Wyrd and you should see some stuff from him here soon, and it just kills me to see how some of these folks manage to make a miniature look like a piece of art and I'm on this end screaming and bawling due to my inept attempts.

Hrmmmm ... wonder if that's why I started to sell the buggers instead of paint them ...

• 2 weeks later...