Budding Young Artist Thread

Jabberwocky

So I was posting one of my miniatures on the internet the other day, and my 6 year old son asked if I would do the same for him. He has been painting (one or two a year--he paints as fast as I do :)) for 4 years. Hopefully, it will be something he will enjoy all his life. I thought it might be cool to have a thread dedicated to our youngest miniature painters. So without further ado....

NathanSnakemen.jpg

Heh, cute! I'll have to take some pictures of the paint jobs my children have managed these last few months. Although, they have learned now, not to paint while daddy isn't at home, and to stay out of HIS miniatures.

(grumble)

LOL...yes. There are definitely those minis you can play with, and those you can't. Now that Nathan is older I don't worry quite so much, but a few years ago, some of my older minis took a beating as they fought one another on the floor.

One of my Foundry Vikings was found driving a Tonka tractor yesterday. I was a bit concerned that the scale issue didn't concern my son at all! (Well, he is only 2, but still... :) )

The "man-man" have been very interesting to him these days. I've given him his own station at the painting table complete with plastic cow, wooden airplane, army men, etc., and this seems to have done the trick.