Warcaster sculpt

Patrick

Hey all! I'm new here and this is the first figure post. You may have seen it on some other forms but I'm just trying to get my new stuff seen....

I did this for fun to use in our home games and as a portfolio piece to attract commission sculpting gigs. The design is based on the style of Warcaster characters in the Iron Kingdoms by Privateer Press. She is on a standard 30mm slotta base.

index_image.jpg

Larger pic 1

Larger pic 2

Thanks for taking a look. Let me know what you think.

I love the cowboy hat personally. Not enough steampunk cowboys around, if you ask me. The pose works well for me too. Great sculpt.

The left arm looks a little thick and undefined, from what I can see in the pictures. But its hard to tell from the angle of the picture.

I spent some time looking around your galleries. Great stuff. I am particularly fond of the steamer-tinman. I might have to steal that idea. (I would suggest you to cast it, but it doesnt look castable)

Thanks folks! I'm looking into how lucrative the whole casting thing would be for this stuff. It's really starting to weigh on me too because there's a burning sensation to start painting these things myself and I just have a hard time laying on color to a "one-of-kind" when other folks would like one too.

But - I will definitely keep everyone posted on the progress.

@Patrick : What ever you do, don't paint the green ;)!!! If you really what to paint it but don't want to go through the hassle of getting a vulcanized rubber mould made and a caster involved, get yourself a resin casting kit and make a few copies for you and your friends. If demand gets higher, then you'll be happy to still have that green ;).