EricJ - US Games Day Project

EricJ

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's nice, but I think I could do better, and I don't think she entered it in a Games day, has she?

I did a quick search on the GDs of UK, France, and Germany on the last three years and didn't find anything.

My big problem is that she kind of looks like the wife from the cartoon american dad

LOL, I think it's the lips :P.

I must disagree with you cedric on the uslessness of doing somthing that has already been done. Well I don't totally disagree, but at the level of painting we're talking about I don't think two minis could ever be the same.

See, part of what could make minis art is the reflexion of the painters self in the mini, in over word the fact that each paintwork can be reconized as beeing done by a specifique painter. Wich is the case with eric or anders for exemple. And as such two minis, even done with the same base idea, would never be the same. Each different painter would somthing deeply personal to his mini, making it unique. And that for me is worth doing it. Of course that is suposing the painter does want to do the mini and considers it something fun or interesting to do.

As for the folks on crea, I quit agree with you when you say that some of them will bitch and moan. But like I said if you don't paint for them there's no reason to care or to even feel like you should defend yourself. And since you like to realte to 'real' art, were would art be today if painters of the dada mouvment had listened to outraged critics ?

So in my opinion, go for it if that's what you want to do :D

The water thingy sounds like a good idea, good way to add dynamisme to a scene without tweaking the mini. Resin could be used, that's what most dioramas with such water effects are made off. I seem to recall a tutrial that used this to show the water front when the nazgul try to cross the river in the movie. All you have to do is find the right mini :P

• 2 weeks later...

So what do you know about the LOTR catagory (s) in UK? in the US they've become just small and large/regiment all on game legal bases, no dioramas. Does the UK still have LOTR diorama catagory? I have this idea brewing, but I don't want to invest too much in it if there is no place for it...:(

Last year's UK rule :

"CATEGORY 10 - THE LORD OF THE RINGS SINGLE MINIATURE

This is open to any single miniature from the Lord of The Rings range of models. All models must be presented on their standard gaming base."

I'd be surprised they change the rules this year since it's just about been like this from the start. But I'll be keeping an open eye just in case.

Last year's UK rule :

"CATEGORY 10 - THE LORD OF THE RINGS SINGLE MINIATURE

This is open to any single miniature from the Lord of The Rings range of models. All models must be presented on their standard gaming base."

I'd be surprised they change the rules this year since it's just about been like this from the start. But I'll be keeping an open eye just in case.

:mad: :lame:

Sorry, I missed these :

CATEGORY 8 - DUEL

This category comprises of two single models mounted on a single 40mm or 50mm Slottabase. The judges will be looking for a dynamic pairing of two well-matched opponents in some kind of combat or other dramatic situation. Models may be from the Warhammer, Warhammer 40,000 or The Lord of The Rings ranges.

CATEGORY 9 - DIORAMA

Entries for this category consist of a diorama based on the worlds of Warhammer, Warhammer 40,000 or The Lord of The Rings. The display must not be larger than 30 x 30cm and the maximum permitted height is 30cm. The diorama should be appropriate to the background of Warhammer, Warhammer 40,000 or The Lord of The Rings, but otherwise there are no restrictions on the battle scene's theme or content.

yeah, no mixing bits I hear, but I think that'll be ok

when I get home, I'll grab an image of the scene I'm thinking about. I have a feeling the chance of this one actually getting done is pretty small, but hey, planning is fun.

I did however start on my first entry last night! I'm actually painting something now ;)