NEWS: Reaper Huricane Mini and Holiday Sophie

EricJ

I'll be picking up a couple of the relief miniatures on principle alone - not a bad bit of work either, and I believe it is Jason Weibes work if I'm not mistaken.

Holiday Sophie I am less impressed with. I think it would be a great miniature on its own without the holiday stuff. Interesting to see what type of paint jobs come up from it. Is this one 28mm?

From the reaper site, they say the sophie is 72mm, the wizard is something like 39mm foot to top of head, so fairly large. Good eye on the sculptor for the Wizard, you're right there.

I was also pondering conversions on that sophie to get rid of the holiday bits (not that it'll ever happen, but a guy can ponder!)

I know it's not Werner, but I went to check and it seems Reaper got themselves a little hacked, so no info :(

when will people stop making such an effort to proove how pathetic they are

I like the miniature overall - just not the holiday 'theme' it has.

As for hacked - where did you see that Eric? I just droppedc over there and everything seems to be working, though the forums do say they are currently 'upgrading'.

yeah, I guess just the forums were hacked, by the same person apparently who hit FoD.

I went there last night and it was complete rearranged, none of the links worked, and it had written "hacked by xxxxxx" everywhere, then went down by this morning. (I just put xxxxxx since I see no reason to give the guy any more publicity)

As for sophie, I like the pose, however the more I look at her, I do dislike her new face

Oh gawd - hate to hear that sort of BS.

Also one of the reasons why I went with the software that I am using for this site. It wasn't free (whooboooy, not even close) but it certainly doesn't have all the holes that the free software that these other forums are using does.

And to be honest, it kind of blows my mind that someone as big as Reaper (and a few others to think about it) use free software to run their forums, when if you look into this stuff, it has a goodly number of security issues which you can find out fairly easily which I'm assuming the script kiddie did as well.

I don't think the new Sophie looks bad, but I much prefered the Werner ones. But then again I am a bit of a Werner fangirl ;) I don't care for the holliday theme too... looks a bit forced and off on the mini, like an afterthought. Let's sculpt a succubus ... oke done.... oh it had to be for X-mas... Oke just pop on a x-mas headdress and sculpt a rather flat sock on it an be done with it. I don't care to much about her face either but it might be the position of the camera and could look good painted maybe. So I won't really comment on that before I saw more pictures and the chick painted up.

The Katrina wizzard look oke. Not the best Reaper wizard but not a bad sculpt at all... and with the fact it's for charity would make it a good seller hopefully.