Looking for Crucible Miniatures ..

Nathan Caroland

Hey folks,

I'm on the hunt for some of the more 'halloweenie' Crucible miniatures that was put out by Ral Partha back in ... oh .. 2000-2002 I suppose. I just got my hands on one (thanks Maya) and I'm really rather impressed with it and I would like to see some more.

Any place that has a catalog online for them or even sales them anymore?

While I'm at it, is there a spot on this side of the pond that doesn't charge you an arm and a leg to get ahold of some of the Monolith miniatures, particularly the Gothic Horror and the Vampire Wars line? I saw a couple of really kickin' miniatures in that line that would be great for the Halloween theme of this next contest, such as the scarecrows, pumpkin heads and a few other interesting figure. Not the greatest quality - but full of character.

Thanks Sakura.

Yeah, I found them the other night myself - but the whole problem is the lack of pictures. I never bother buying something I can't see and I can't believe anyone else would either. I've been doing some looking up of stuff but its rather hard to locate a lot of this and CMON seems to not have much (or its all named 'another miniature').

As a matter of fact, I started to find some of them on the Iron Wind Metals site which has taken over the Ral Partha line and found a couple of them on the site, but they aren't designated even remotely close to what they once were, thus making it very difficult to find, so much so that I just 'gave up' in the end.

Thanks for taking a few moments to look for me!

• 3 weeks later...
As a matter of fact, I started to find some of them on the Iron Wind Metals site which has taken over the Ral Partha line and found a couple of them on the site, but they aren't designated even remotely close to what they once were, thus making it very difficult to find, so much so that I just 'gave up' in the end.

Check out RP Europe once again for the answer:

http://www.connectstores.com/ralpartha/sp_16818.html

There's a link at the top for the rest of the line, with pics of most. They're also good about noting what has been replackaged.

Take care,

Laszlo

Thanks for that Laszlo - appreciate it.

My fascination with Crucible went right out the door the other day though when I found the RAFM website. Now THAT is a great old website and miniatures. Plan on doing a bit of reviewing on them here in the future.

As I remember it, you have a Halloween miniature you did awhile back using one of their miniatures (I thought you sculpted it to be honest!). Thought it was spot on!

img3f9c1a2f68fd0.jpg

Thanks for that Laszlo - appreciate it.

My fascination with Crucible went right out the door the other day though when I found the RAFM website. Now THAT is a great old website and miniatures. Plan on doing a bit of reviewing on them here in the future.

As I remember it, you have a Halloween miniature you did awhile back using one of their miniatures (I thought you sculpted it to be honest!). Thought it was spot on!

Yeah RAFM has some really cool stuff, esp. the Halloween-themed ghosts, witches, etc. I don't care for much of their older stuff, as it's all by the same 'house' sculptor who's pretty love or hate for me.

However, their new "Modern Heroes" line is chocked full of cool minis! Mostly thinly-veiled version of tv/movie stars.

http://www.rafm.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RAF&Category_Code=RAF

I simply *must have* the guy from "Falling Down":

02816.jpg

And "The Bride" from Kill Bill:

02805.jpg

There's other recognizables like a (ubiquitous) Lara Croft, Scully from X-files, etc. And some odd-ball selections like the gonzo military guy from "Reign of Fire" of all things!

Take care,

Laszlo

Those aren't half bad at all. Yeah, I have to admit to dropping a rather sizeable wad of cash on some of the old RAFM Halloween stuff - absolutely the best out there I have to say. I like a few of their fantasy ones as well, such as the Wizard in the wagon.

These moderns I actually didn't see. Not too shabby!