Suggestions

I went ahead and added a section for rules and feedback and moved the thread to the proper location. Meant to do it the other night but things have been busy.

Yup, good idea and I think I can manage that with a module hack down the road though I'll have to look into it and see what I can dredge up before I start playing with the code (or get someone to do it for me!)

I figured the chat room would be a good idea once the site received a bit more traffic and folks wanted to move from the shoutbox into the chat room or possibly run an online game in a privately made room as I'm looking to add a 'dice roller' option to chat room here in the future to see how well, if at all, it is received.

Anyhow, feel free to shoot suggestions, I'm always on the lookout to make things more interesting here.

I do as well, but folks seem to like shout boxes so I try to provide (smile)!

After I get a few more things squared away here over the next week or so, I'll turn my attention towards the chat room indicator and see if I can muddle up something.

Everything else running in good shape? Any one have any other thoughts or suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on the hacks, and to be truthful, I haven't looked yet (bad Nathan ...). There is a chatroom indicator I'm pretty sure that I have seen recently and there is also a 'paging' service that I can install on the site for when you see someone and you want to 'page them' to come talk to you (essentially, a pop up jumps up on the other side with a one sentence message).

My web guru is off taking care of real life sadly, but I'll probably be able to muddle through it here. I'll take a look at it in earnest this week to come and see what I can come up with without 'killing' the site due to stupidity.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nathan! I've been checking out the site (sorry it took me sooo long), and I like the chat feature also. One thing you might want to put on that page is an "exit" button for those people who aren't familiar with chatting and don't know how to exit. (Basically me until I found the help button!)

Also, is there a way to scroll through the smilies below the chat box? I've only been able to do it by repeatedly hitting the vChat (? - upper left-hand) button.

Hey, maybe when we get together for dinner we can talk about this site instead of mini's! Maybe your wife won't be bored by that topic? *grin, grin*:cheers:

Talk to you soon!

I'd like to add that I was looking through the Wyrd contest galleries, the Wereshark and Total Testosterone, and saw a place were it said "replies" and they all had "0" after them. So I was going to leave a reply on a few but for the life of me couldn't figure out how. Am I stupid or am I missing how to leave a reply on a gallery pic?

:withstupi

I don't see a reply area. But I'm not getting logged in there either. ???

I'm logged in in the forums but when I click the "gallery" link at the top of the page, the page I go to has the login box again and it's still there even after I login again.

When i go back to the forums, it says there "Welcome, Duende". Why aren't I still logged in in the galleries?

:cussing:

• 4 weeks later...

Here is one. I don't know if there is one or not, if there is I just cant find it. But, in the forums there needs to be a link to see the new posts since last visit or something similar. To have to click on each forum is really a bugger.

If that link already exists, well then you need o move it or make it bigger cause I cant find it.

Thanks.

For some reason NO ONE clicks on the LINKS button at the top of the page. It is at every step of this website and under it you can find all sorts of useful links for the site, one of them being 'New Posts'.

So, NEW POSTS can be found under the above LINKS button, or on the front page under your user information.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm commenting my way through the Rotten Harvest.

I think the movie strip line is great.

Would it be possible to move it below the comments though?

I hit quick comment, then it refreshes showing my comment and I have to scroll back up through all the other comments to find the "next" thumbnail.

It would be nice if it were right there when the screen refreshed.

I probably cool - have to do a template edit which isn't exactly my area of expertise. Right now I'm looking at doing a major update to the software of this site but AFTER all the voting and important stuff around here is done for a bit as I don't want to mess something up in the middle of an event or announcement.

Now - if my web guru would just come back from real life problems. :D