Mcmourning 2, how much poison do I need on my models if corpse curator gets no sludge?

How Do?

Right so I have had a couple games with mcm2 so far. In both games I attempted to load up my models with maximum poison by doing the huddle around the corpse curators sludge pile thing. 

Game 1, was a bit of a diassator. mainly due to me having a rough day at work and not having enough brain power left to learn a new crew. but one thing I did notice was that it was wedge deployment so although in my first turn activations I had amassed a lot of poison. My opponent. was able to move in quick and mess up my plans. So I kinda concluded that this strategy does not work well in close quarter games. 

Game 2 was corner deployment. So I thought this was be great as I would have plenty of time for the set up. Which I had, but I didn't have 5+ crow in my starting hand and did not get it on the corpse curators flip. So no sludge pile.  So I spent the first activations trying to get what poison I can onto models, but sort of lost the initiative of the game. I made loads of other errors and was against Ramos my arch nemesis anyway so that was to be expected. 

But it did make me wonder if there is another way to play the crew as not getting the sludge turn 1 is quite likely and also not having room to set up for poison is also common. So if im playing for efficiency what is the minimum but useful amount of poison to have on models? Is there a less poison focussed way to run the crew / keyword?

Basically what do you do when the first turn hand has no crows or I need to get stuck in quick?

btw my list is:

Mcm 2

Zombie chihuahua 

canine remains*

grave digger*  + killer instinct 

rogue necro + grave spirits touch

nurse

corpse curator

kentouri 

mindless zombie*

(pool 5)

*corpse counter engine 

two games in although they did not go to plan, they were allot of fun, and I think this will be a great crew to play when I unlock its potential. But yeah need to understand how to play it better first .

cheers for any thoughts 

Basically there's two things poison matters for:

• Having 3 for horrendous corpse (most of your models that you intend to have die)
  • Having 5 for blood poisoning (mainly matters for rogue necromancy)

The end of turn poison I consider a bonus rather than something I actively strive for.

Note that to achieve these numbers, you sometimes have to plan ahead (5 poison on turn 1 is down to 3 by turn 3).

Horrendous corpse is probably the most important part of poison in the crew, so I'd start by focusing on that and 5 poison on your rogue necro. Remember that McMourning's actions hand out a lot of poison, so you don't need much.

My next list I'm going to try just doing a single little gasser for poison gen (plus the mindless zombie horrendous corpse poison pulse turn 1).

On 5/14/2023 at 12:07 PM, Maniacal_cackle said:

Basically there's two things poison matters for:

• Having 3 for horrendous corpse (most of your models that you intend to have die)
  • Having 5 for blood poisoning (mainly matters for rogue necromancy)

The end of turn poison I consider a bonus rather than something I actively strive for.

Note that to achieve these numbers, you sometimes have to plan ahead (5 poison on turn 1 is down to 3 by turn 3).

Horrendous corpse is probably the most important part of poison in the crew, so I'd start by focusing on that and 5 poison on your rogue necro. Remember that McMourning's actions hand out a lot of poison, so you don't need much.

My next list I'm going to try just doing a single little gasser for poison gen (plus the mindless zombie horrendous corpse poison pulse turn 1).

On 5/14/2023 at 12:09 PM, Maniacal_cackle said:

In general, one of the hardest parts of learning mcmourning is learning not to durdle too much.

I sometimes have a flesh construct missiling turn 1 for example.

thanks for the pointers. yes I guess I was aiming for too much poison then. I think next time I will try and keep things moving forward and maybe just use the corpse curator sludge - If I get it - as a top up thing fo later in the game. 

I can instead focus on using mcmourning to push models up the table and nicely loaded with poison . 

both games I have played I have miss played horrendous corpse , forgetting all about it after the first mindless zombie corpse bomb. so yeah need to work on this. 

Wedge is my least favorite for McM2 as there is no time to first turn prep.

Yeah - the corpse curator is OK, but too hand reliant to count on. I prefer Sebastian or sometimes Rafkin for the bombs to help with poison. That plus the zombie C can get a decent amount T1, especially if you staple the shockwave onto an unimportant model (like the zombie C) to do more. If you don't want Sebastian or Rafkin (and Rafkin is a hard sell tbh), then a Little Gasser is reliable as well. 

As Maniacal said, McM2 gives out Poison for each of his actions, so can really build it up on important models quickly as well, even if something else falls apart. I agree that the only one I really worry about stacking on is the Rogue Necro, as you need to be able heal him or he dies fast. I love it on all of them to help keep them around, but it's most important on him. 

I'll also agree on a Flesh Construct as a nasty missile. If you can give it Metal Arms and staple the Rogue Necro's attack on it, you have 4 attacks with Flurry and Reckless. Add in any Pounce attacks and it can really throw people for a loop. 

Basically get really good at racking up incidental poison - once your Horrendous corpse snowball starts, you're pulsing out a lot of poison. McMourning hands out 2. RN fading hands out 2. Curator splashes it with bonus and with sludge.

It all adds up, and pretty quickly you don't actually have to put much work into it beyond 1-2 actions turn 1.