Misaki Katanaka Fractured: Concealed Visage?

Oldwolf42

Interesting question. Read page 28 of the core PDF rulebook. in short, markers either "Dropped" or "Created", but either way they are placed on the table, invoking the trigger. The rules for this could have been better-written. There's only 1 mention of "...the marker is placed..." indicating that this is term is used openly.

That said, the rules forum is the best place to check these things, as I could be wrong. 

First thing to point out is that Shang counts as a Shadow Marker, so it will satisfy the condition for that ability.

Edit:  To spell out it entirely...

If Misaki uses Twisting Paths targeting Shang, placing Shang within 8" qualifies as "After a Shadow Marker is Placed within 8"".  Moving Shang from one Shadow Marker to another would be one setup for this.

Katanaka Crime Boss can also "Heave" place Shang, but that do not seems as a health way of getting Shielded+1.

The rulebook only mentions place under the general description of markers in connection with terrain moving:

"If terrain would be created or moved on top of a Marker, the Marker is placed on top of the terrain without changing the Marker’sposition on the table’s horizontal surface (the Marker moves vertically upward). If a Marker is moved off an elevated surface, it falls just like a mode."

But under the description of "Drop and Create" the words are:

"If a Marker is Dropped, it is simply put on the table in the indicated location without any further game effects; this is not considered moving the Marker. It can be put into base contact or even under a model’s base without issue. If an Impassable Marker is Dropped, it is always treated as being Created instead."

Using the word "put" and that it is not considered moving the marker and place is a move.

Interesting - I'd never noticed that before. I think its almost certainly down to an inconsistency in language. Like you say it references markers being "put" on the table on page 28 of the Rulebook, although in a previous paragraph on the same page it references them being "placed". Every single game I have seen, if a shadow marker goes down on the table within 8" of misaki, she gains shielded, plus a few small corner case effects, like shang bring placed, as he counts as a marker. I'd expect it to be cleared up in an faq or errata.

• Agree 1