Can you relent to simple duels?

regleant

Question

Situation: Kitty Dumont passes over Hungering Darkness with a Walk action. This triggers her Brilliance Saturation ability, which says Hungering Darkness must pass a TN 13 MV duel or gain a Brilliance Token. 

Can I choose to relent and automatically fail? Or must I flip and use the result (and subsequently cheat)? I heard that the latest errata clarifies this situation, but I could not find the specific line that allows it. Thanks!

2 answers to this question

From the Errata document

Relenting (P11)

Relenting a duel is a way for a model to voluntarily fail a duel it is taking, without flipping any additional cards. If two friendly models are in an opposed duel, the owner of the resisting model may choose for it to relent before any cards are flipped. If it does, the relenting model (but not the acting model) skips Steps “A” through “E” below. The relenting model’s final duel total is treated as being the same as the acting model’s final duel total.

If a model is in a simple duel generated by any friendly model, its owner may choose to for it to relent and fail the duel before any cards are flipped. If it does, the relenting model skips Steps “A” through “E” below. The relenting model’s final duel total is treated as 0 for this duel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1