Waldo's Weekly - Had to Get Away

Hobby Wyrd

Hey Wyrdos!

This week, Waldo decided to look at some places to stay at during the cold months. We’ve got fliers and brochures for castles, far-away islands, and at least three different convenience stores. Our imp does adore junk food, so maybe a well-stocked snack aisle is better than an ocean view…

Speaking of real estate, we’ve got a bit more of From Shadows to show off for you all! In Malifaux, finding a place to hunker down for a night isn’t too difficult. What is, however, is snapping up a building or home to call your own!

WW_3.15.2023_RealEstate.jpg

The Real Estate section will help Fated and Fatemasters navigate property ownership. It covers the rent and purchasing prices for every district in Malifaux City. These can be applied to places like Ridley and the Bayou too!

But how’s the neighborhood? Obstacles list what nasty things the Fated might run into if they get involved with land. The Quarantine Zone has Wandering Zombies and Resurrectionist Dealings, while Downtown’s “Realty Jobs” and Damaging Gossip can put a wrench in any good plan.

Even if players aren’t planning on saving up their scrip for a nice riverfront property, Fatemasters can still use the information in the Real Estate section to make the world of Malifaux richer and more complex, creating a deeper narrative that could even span the entire city!

Hmm, not as many images this week. Maybe this beguiling oni is responsible for drawing all attention away from the thrilling intricacies of zoning laws and Guild permit boards…

WW_3.15.2023_Kitsune.jpg

What do you think, Wyrdos?

• Like 5

Cool. As I understood, this Kitsune is for ToS? She looks cool, but feels like for last years there is a lot of asian stuff and malifaux becomes bushido. Maybe it's because Malifaux has TT - exclusive asian faction, and other nations widespreaded and not that noticeable, but still, I have this feeling, maybe I'm wrong.

13 hours ago, KID55 said:

Cool. As I understood, this Kitsune is for ToS? She looks cool, but feels like for last years there is a lot of asian stuff and malifaux becomes bushido. Maybe it's because Malifaux has TT - exclusive asian faction, and other nations widespreaded and not that noticeable, but still, I have this feeling, maybe I'm wrong.

The thing to remember is we've already got King's Empire and Abyssinia for ToS, and many nationalities are represented in Malifaux. I think its just a timing coincidence that the long-standing ToS Asian-inspired factions release around the same time as the TTB From Shadows book.  There will be other non-Asian-inspired releases coming alongside these previews (whatever pack John Watson comes in, for example, and the Malifaux release slate doesn't have much that is Asian-inspired outside of the TT stuff).

Malifaux has a strong line of Asian-inspired models, but its a long way from becoming Bushido, imo.