My descent into miniature madness

djmacbest

Hi everyone,

returning barely-player here. It was always the miniatures that attracted me to this game, so a few years ago a friend and I decided to try it but barely ever got to actually playing. He dropped off shortly after, I just kept painting (occasionally), but not playing. Now recently, two friends got curious, and put my motivation into overdrive. So might as well make use of that and start a thread, sharing pics of what I painted over the years and most recently.

Currently Outcasts have caught my eye, I am in the process of finishing a Mercenary crew. But the whole Bandit keyword is already here, plus many Woes, Performers, Marshals and a few stragglers to complete my Fae crew. So the pile of shame is already available, no excuses not to paint stuff.

I'll only post the most recent miniatures into this thread, but for those interested, I compiled (and will try to update) an album of my whole Malifaux collection over on imgur: https://imgur.com/a/lLSjCvp - Rasputina are the oldest paint jobs in there, followed by Lilith and her Nephilim. Titania was the last stuff I worked on before focusing on the Viks.

Let's start with a quick recap: So last year, before this sudden burst of motivation, those two Autumn Knights have been the latest Malifaux models I've put on the table:

G6wu5Ia.jpeg

80UZpvF.jpeg

Other than that, 2022 saw only few miniatures, mainly from Mythic Battle Pantheon (just some quick troop jobs). And I bought a 3D print of this beauty as a display piece, it's sitting fully primed on my shelf and the base is painted, but I can't for the life of me decide on a color scheme for this lady:

resize-brr-indpres-lilith02.jpg

Anyway, I'll get back to her at some point - until then, it's Malifaux time.

• Like 3

So from mid January until today, it was all about the Viks. Here's what I managed to get past the "alright, calling it done, might as well varnish now" stage:

XB3SAm4.jpeg

I3AEfQg.jpeg

cBp9RuW.jpeg

uel5VDx.jpeg

mKqXopk.jpeg

ftuOL05.jpeg

9rPOAQA.jpeg

GhjbbAP.jpeg

Currently WIP are Vanessa Chambers, Hans, Big Jake and - totally unrelated - Kaeris (alternate sculpt, the one where she's kneeing). Kaeris is actually almost done, just one final bit I didn't get to yet. Pictures next time.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...