I made some battle tracker sheets - feedback appreciated

djmacbest

Hi all,

since I'm not a fan of juggling condition tokens, I created some sheets for printing instead. I'm planning to laminate these and use dry-erase-markers. Except in some extreme min-maxing scenarios, I think they should be able to cover almost all moderately regular game situations - I even reserved second rows for everything in the "Leader" section for my fellow Vik players, plus optional boxes for up to 3 non-standard conditions per model.

I have templates for the other factions as well, but here are Neverborn and Outcasts. Is there anything I have not thought of, something that would need to be added for them to function properly? Feedback very much appreciated - and of course I'll share the full set as soon as finalized!

Battle Tracker - Neverborn.pdf Battle Tracker - Outcasts.pdf

• Like 1

No problem, see attached versions for Resurrectionists, Guild and Arcanists.

Thanks for the tip with focused, I'll see if I can come up with a slimmer layout thanks to that. I went a bit overboard with the available space to give players as much flexibility as possible, but cleaner would be more easily readable...

Battle Tracker - Arcanists.pdf Battle Tracker - Guild.pdf Battle Tracker - Resurrectionists.pdf

• Like 1

I have some with a 1mm tip (looked it up, says "1-2mm tip" - it's these) and it's okay for them at that scale. Wouldn't try any fine handwriting, but the character name boxes are easily large enough, and everything else you just have to make an x, which is not a problem. Only "adversary" field looks a bit fiddly, but since some kind of abbreviation would probably work in almost all cases, should be ok.

• Like 1

These look great! Will deffo give them a go in my next game. Any chance for an ExSo and 10T version, please?

For feedback,

I'd prefer it if all the wound boxes were numbered to tell how many left at a glance.

There's also a cosmetic error on the Leader section on all the files where everything has been reflected underneath. Not sure if that is intentional, but it could be confusing. Also, as Maniacal said, Focused is limited to 2/model. Also VPs are currently limited to 8. I kind of like the extras for future proofing though.

image.thumb.png.5b72ff0ec71398f6091fc714b847f1b0.png

• Thanks 1

The duplication in the "Leader" section is intentional because I am currently building a Viktorias Crew and needed space to track a second leader. :D But yeah, that may actually be the only case where it's actually helpful?

I can add more numbers to Wounds, no problem. But I have no idea how to add layers to a pdf, that would probably be the cleanest way of providing options to people. 

Oh, and exported the remaining factions below, enjoy!

Battle Tracker - Bayou.pdf Battle Tracker - Explorer's Society.pdf Battle Tracker - Ten Thunders.pdf

Another idea: Wondering if I should reverse the numbers in the Soulstones section, so basically count down from 10 instead of up. This way at the beginning of the game you'd just cross out the first 4 if you start with a pool of 6, for example, and it could be a little bit more readable. Good idea or too counter-intuitive?

2 hours ago, djmacbest said:

The duplication in the "Leader" section is intentional because I am currently building a Viktorias Crew and needed space to track a second leader. :D But yeah, that may actually be the only case where it's actually helpful?

I can add more numbers to Wounds, no problem. But I have no idea how to add layers to a pdf, that would probably be the cleanest way of providing options to people. 

Oh, and exported the remaining factions below, enjoy!

Personally, I would use a "Crew" section for the second Viks, as only one is the leader.

Also you can always hire more than 1 master, and Nexus one of many is 3 models. 

(I could see you wanting to keep it for McCabe Mounted/dismounted, but would probably just use the same line myself. )

Regarding the soulstone I would probably just mark off from the back anyway (or cross out what I had). 

I don't think anything passes 15 wounds at the moment, so you could reduce that, although I can see future proof arguments if you have no other use for the space. 

I find it looks too busy over all, trying to cover all eventualities. I would consider using the empty conditions space at the back for those rare occasions when burning or poison passed 6 rather than making all tracks double height.

I don't like the activations tracking. although I know people do like that sort of thing. It would probably annoy me when I summoned things and needed to remember to backmark the activations, although possibly just adding the numbers 1-5 in the boxes might be enough

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adran said:

It would probably annoy me when I summoned things and needed to remember to backmark the activations, although possibly just adding the numbers 1-5 in the boxes might be enough

That's one thing not on there (summoned), though you could simply write it in the Crew box. Cool overall. I had thought of trying to do the same thing, but with an Upgrade card as I like having it with the models' card. 

16 hours ago, djmacbest said:

Another idea: Wondering if I should reverse the numbers in the Soulstones section, so basically count down from 10 instead of up. This way at the beginning of the game you'd just cross out the first 4 if you start with a pool of 6, for example, and it could be a little bit more readable. Good idea or too counter-intuitive?

I think it's fine as is. It would be confusing if only one box line counted down. This way if you've got 6ss, you just cross out 7-10 on the box line.