Promo problems

Khormy

Hi,

So I have sent in my receipt for the Mikhail card replacement what was missing from the gg3 pack. Wyrd was kind enough to send it, but because of new Danish import rules for cards from outside the EU the card apparently got stuck in taxes. So Postnord (also known as Satan) decided then in order for me to get my free promo card I should pay approx 25$ in import tax. The item is free. So they estimate it 2$ , 0.5$ tax and 22.5$ handling fee. Kind of crazy.So needless to say I send this back.

So guess for guys in Denmark this means no more free promos if they get stuck in taxes this way. Question is (which probably been asked a hundred times here already) is there still no possibility for an EU distributor for stuff like this? Or for blackfriday/special sale items? The import taxes / US postage is just brutal, but I get it in that case we can choose not to. 

I am not blaming Wyrd for this in any way I would just like to know if there are any ways around ridiculous rules like this.

• Agree 1

Yeah as far as I know it had something to do with the EU import rules. As far as I see it is fine as long as it is something you actually pay for. I mean it sucks, but I guess we have the option to just not order limited edition stuff because by the time it gets here the price is easily double. What annoys me is the part that this affects something like a promo item. I mean I have already payed for the gg3 pack within an EU country, with the tax already on it, the only problem is it did miss a component. I do not understand on what grounds should the buyer pay for yet more tax for a missing component for an item they have already bought.

• Agree 1

I'm from Denmark too, and, yeah, importing anything is just terrible. I don't mind the VAT or the shipping cost, but I absolutely hate the fee since that's what makes it completely ridiculous.

The best solution (for EU customers) would be if Wyrd signed up for the IOSS system, so they could charge the VAT at purchase. I have no idea what kind of setup that would require, but it'd most likely be a redesign of the web store.

• Agree 2