Sayuri, how to use them?

Ozzac

Hello everybody, I'm quite excited to see the new versatiles for the 10T since the minis look cool, but i'm perplexed by their ability. 

All of them has some kind of ability that makes the enemy drop scheme markers, but they don't interact much with them, at least in a useful way.

Yes, Koji use them to protect the other sayuri, but the risk that I'm helping my opponent with some scheme it's too high for me.

What am I missing?

Koji draws cards off enemy scheme markers being dropped and can remove them to get a positive on his melee, Kara can get an attack from the gang warfare trigger by removing an enemy scheme marker and the Amai's can get blast markers from them on their ranged attack.

The card draw is probably the biggest thing, but you're probably picking them in a non-heavy-scheming pool, or when you can counteract it easily.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

The big synergy here is with keyword models that have Protection Money - Lotus Eaters, Crime Bosses, etc.

Those models also draw when enemy schemes come down.  

In fact, there's a playstyle developing that uses Shenlong and his Four Winds Punch to repeatedly drop Enemy scheme markers and draw a whole lot of cards.  Which Shenlong then uses to murder enemies.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Yea the the big one everyone seems to be talking about is with Shenlong, koji, multiple Lotus eaters and four winds punch to draw half your deck every turn.

Personally I really like the look of him in last blossom where I think the card draw will be really useful without being overly stupid. I plan to use koji, 2x crimeboss and a wokou raider with Misaki fractured.

Koji can shoot the wokou to drop a scheme marker and draw 3 cards, also moving the wokou 3". Also means that you have a scheme marker ready to gobble up to gain fast. The wokou is a good target for this- with bulletproof you will likely take no damage if cheating in a ram for Koji's attack.

Plus you can make sure you have an enemy scheme marker in place to ensure the crimeboss gets its extra attack when needed.

Far from game-breaking, but fun and useful in a keyword that has a fair few high TNs.

Also the menacing aura from hostile takeover could be useful when layered with shadow markers against shooting crews.

Looking forward to the box release!

• Thanks 1