Best beat stick/swordmaster master to one trick.

BloodyNin3

I have dabbled in malifaux before and trialed it again when m3e went live. Now that more boxes are out I want to get back into the game. I really enjoy assasins/swordmasters beat sticks so my question is who has been the most consistent “good/generalist” sword type master master if I wanted to focus on one.  (Lady j, Victoria’s, Masaki, etc..)

• BloodyNin3 changed the title to Best beat stick/swordmaster master to one trick.

Each faction has its melee beater master, like Mah in Bayou or Mei Feng in Arcanists. But if you care more about the visual aspect of sword/cold weapon(which is totally understandable in miniature games), then the options would be narrowed down a lot.

Lady Justice would be my first choice. As the most iconic swordswoman in the game, she plays as a mobile melee beater that supported by a all-rounded keyword that include good guns and healing. After you get used to the crew, you can switch to her another title for more controlling gameplay.

Nekima and Viks are also usually brought up when talking about melee beater. Their keywords, however, are less generalist than Marshal(LJ's keyword). Which means they would need to hire models from other keywords in some game.

And a special mention to Anya from the Explorer's Society(despite she is not wielding a sword). She is a vary master that can do beating, scheming and board control. Though she and her keyword are not straight forward and quite fragile, so you may need to play a lot before getting used to them.

• Agree 1

I think the Viks are a pretty good crew for the Assassin/Swordmaster archtype. Both Viks1 and Viks2 have this playstyle, but each offers a different approach. Viks1 plays the finesse Assassin game, while Viks2 is more of a Brawler. The crew itself has good mobility and one of the best minions in the game, so they are pretty generalist and can take on many pools (they may not crush the pool but they also won’t fall flat).

Misaki and LJ offer an Assassin/Brawler and a Title that Controls/Supports, so they can offer you a different aspect if you don’t want to be solely assassin/swordsman. I don’t have any experience with or against either, so I can’t comment on anything else for those two.