2023 Monthly painting challenge - January

Hawkoon

@Diddick - nice rusty look!

@Trimasel - I like how you made each distinctly different by using varied colors for spell/weather effects

@Hawkoon - very atmospheric with super smooth highlights, love them!

@Caedrus- vivid colors and clean paintjob, they look properly Bayou-ish :)

@Cats Laughing - nice coherent colors :) 

@Moinetbeard - amazing work but this Mah... truly spectacular piece and it will make many players jealous

@Gheist - super clean paintjob with excellent level of attention to small details

@TimH - now it makes me wish I had used autumn flock on my Fae minis :) 

It's been a pretty busy month, here are the minis I've painted in January (58 soulstones)

painters-challenge-january-2023complete-

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@Hawkoon Saw those Nightmare Models on Instagram - they are absolutely gorgeous. I love your choice of pallet. Purple with a colour i've yet to get comfortable with using yet but have a project planned for a couple of months time - I'll be coming back to these for inspiration

@Cats LaughingLovely work on your Foundry Models - I might have a go myself at a few of those this month. The colours you've chosen look great!

@Caedrus I really enjoy your style of painting - along with the vibrant colours it suits Bayou models and especially Zipp really well!

@Trimasel Your dabblers look great - really clean work and the script on the book is a really awesome detail.

@Viruk Thanks for your kind comments. I always enjoy your submissions, you have a really cool style which i love - it suits Malifaux's gritty aesthetic  especially well!

@ProrokLebioda Your Nephilim look great - particularly love the worn leather look you've achieved on Hayridden's coat

@Diddick that Porkchop is brilliant - once i've finished my journey with NMM with my Mei Feng crew, I want to go back to True Metallic for a bit and make it look good as you have done here. i can find that wholly metallic models can be a little boring, but you've done an absolutely amazing job of achieving some really nice textures which really set it off.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else does in February! i will be having a quiet month i think!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Managed to get the the outstanding models from retainer keyword over the line as pledged:

HJMd99j.jpegaGdXAuR.jpegOxqWsz6.jpeg

...and also got my last two Sooey models finished as well.  2 keywords finished off so far this year!

4qmAueT.jpegWxfoYLU.jpeg

Fell short of my target of 7 models a month, will need to catch up over the next couple of months.  Still, first month down, no Mulligan used 👍🏻

• Like 6