Molly list

Aeschere

Hello all,

Molly has been my go-to master pre-Covid. Now that we are restarting the scene again in The Netherlands, she still looks like a decent choice for almost every strategy and scheme in GG3. 

In my opinion, Molly has the advantage of being able to use a default list for every situation. This is the default list, options are given below.

• Molly Squidpiddge (non-titled)
  • Necrotic Machine
  • Crooligan
  • Crooligan
  • Philip and the Nanny
  • Archie
    • Killer Instinct
  • Dead Rider
  • The Forgotten Marshal
    • The Whisper

This leaves 3 Soul Stones

There are two options, depending on what you are facing and what you are needing.

• Swap 1 Crooligan for a Night Terror
  • Swap the Dead Rider for a Rogue Necromancy

Most of the time, the default list will suffice. You can summon the Night Terror and/or a Rabble Riser with The Forgotten Marshal (don't forget the upgrade) and get stuff done. 

I do like the new Molly as well, and it looks like you can switch her over 1-on-1. The possibility to eat markers and give out slow tips the favor for now. Perhaps when I get back into the game a bit more, I can see uses for the new version.

What are your thoughts on this? What Molly lists are you using? Curious to find out more!

My first advice would be to try out your list!  The best way to test a list is to play it.

Second advice would be if you're upgrading Archie, try him with Whisper or GST and see which upgrade you like more.

Third advice would be if you need another model to try out, maybe give Manos a go. He does a lot to complement Molly's playstyle, although he isn't as good this GG.

P.S. Rogue necro is a monster with McMourning 2, so you'll want it on the table eventually even if you don't like it with Molly!

Thanks for the reply. I made one correction to the list; I run Archie with Killer Instinct instead of GST. Adding Ruthless to the combat monster is just golden. The movement during the end phase helps a bit as well.

If I am facing a crew without terrifying, I will switch to The Whisper. Getting that Leap off is crucial is most cases and The Whisper really helps by pre-selecting the correct cards.

On 12/23/2022 at 11:44 AM, BimVooDoo said:

Don't you consider bringing to the list the Noxious Nephilim? I used it in a couple of crews along with Sloth and the flight + fast makes him a good beater, also you can draw a couple cards with him the first turns, also provides you with a easy corpse to give focus with GST. 

My struggle with the Noxious is he is a slow lumbering model (max speed of 10 inches before triggers or assistance), and with df 4 dies very easily.

I'd prefer models like Archie, Dead Rider, or Manos for mobility.  For slower moving models, Valedictorian, Anna Lovelace, Madame Sybelle, etc are probably more appealing to me.

That said, he is one of the only severe six models in faction so plays well with focus.

7 hours ago, Aeschere said:

The Noxius Nephilim seems like a great addition, unfortunately, I don't have the model (yet). I will certainly consider him when I do. Just not sure who to swap out to make room for it.

Due to the above I wouldn't rush to buy it, but it is a fun option and if you like playing in keyword it is worth having.

13 minutes ago, Da Git said:

An issue I have with Noxious is his basically lack of a bonus action. What do Forgotten want with a corpse?

The only thing I can think of is Molly's Forgotten Knowledge, but is there anything else?

Occasionally i've wished for a way to make a corpse to enable wyrd combos like Bete Noire as an OOK...

But Noxious to enable Bete is not really what I'm looking for xD If he had fly with me AND corpse making it'd be super sweet, and I'd play him in most molly lists (well, maybe... Dead rider and manos would maybe still be better).

I suspect the corpse is there for the Nephilim half of his keyword.

• 3 months later...
On 12/30/2022 at 6:43 PM, Da Git said:

An issue I have with Noxious is his basically lack of a bonus action. What do Forgotten want with a corpse?

The only thing I can think of is Molly's Forgotten Knowledge, but is there anything else?

The Focus pulse from GST.

Hurl Corpse (on Archie) exists too, but that's oc very niche ...