Lady Yume with Dreamer one, opinions?

TeddyBear

I've tried her with Dreamer 1 and I would say the biggest thing she has is her stat 7, 12" range willpower attack. Not so much for the damage and injured, but to force WP duel fails so that you can summon or heal from it. 

She also adds a bit of card draw, card filtering and a potentially very damaging attack. She definitely isn't a must pick, but she isn't too bad at what she does.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

take widow, 2 dolls, kill 1 doll with bonus, other with atacks, summon 2 stiched

look at cards

she is super good

i would say she is broken

dont get why kandara only look at 1 card and cannt discard it but lady look at 2 cards and can discard some

also i would say that dreamer1 was not nerfed at all

still same amount of resourses, summons

7 hours ago, extremor said:

In addition: in Dreamer 2 you can swallow chompy to summon him again. So you could get 2 activation chompy goung. 

6 hours ago, Plaag said:

take widow, 2 dolls, kill 1 doll with bonus, other with atacks, summon 2 stiched

look at cards

she is super good

dont get why kandara only look at 1 card and cannt discard it but lady look at 2 cards and can discard some

Thank you guys. Yes, I was thinking about these things too... Even a hooded rider with rwm. Or if you "unbury" a piece of course. Or places of Widow/Babdersnatch.

But I don't know, it seems really situational, stat 7 is definitely excellent; but she doesn't cycle cards quite as well as in Oni! Nightmares don't even have flying pieces.

In Oni you really can fix your flips, if used with accuracy.(which in my opinion is much better than fixing the opponent's deck, since it still requires winning a duel)

On 12/19/2022 at 7:41 AM, Plaag said:

look at cards

she is super good

Interesting, but you think it is better than just hiring the stitched to behind with ? You need some high cards for the summons on top of the one Dreamer requires. If you have to stone for the suit for Widow you also "only" gain 2 stones in contrast to hiring Stitched. 

All strats now also care if a model is summoned, so a summoned Stitched is not as good as a hired Stitched. 

Don't get me wrong, I like the thinking, I am just theorycrafting a bit. 

I think you're probably going to be using the stitched in combat mostly. So while they are worse for strategies, if you're spamming Gamble Your Life it isn't much of a loss. 

As far as cards go, what a weaver has is one of the highest summoning stats in the game. You only need a Nine to get a stitched. 

1 hour ago, esqulax said:

If you have to stone for the suit for Widow you also "only" gain 2 stones in contrast to hiring Stitched. 

I would think of it more in terms of: if you bring this combo you get a 4 ss discount on the Widow Weaver. 

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I think you're probably going to be using the stitched in combat mostly. So while they are worse for strategies, if you're spamming Gamble Your Life it isn't much of a loss. 

You would think that, but for guard and covert it is very easy to run out of eligible models, so every model counts and in cursed it is also a pretty big negative that they come in with a cursed token. This is without even mentioning the one strategy where they can't ever interact with the strategy markers. 

So I definitely think it is a loss worth considering 

5 hours ago, esqulax said:

Interesting, but you think it is better than just hiring the stitched to behind with ? You need some high cards for the summons on top of the one Dreamer requires. If you have to stone for the suit for Widow you also "only" gain 2 stones in contrast to hiring Stitched. 

All strats now also care if a model is summoned, so a summoned Stitched is not as good as a hired Stitched. 

Don't get me wrong, I like the thinking, I am just theorycrafting a bit. 

u will look at cards and some times summon for free

also u take 2 dolls 6ss and u get 2 stitched 12ss even with stoning u get 4 stones for free

54 minutes ago, esqulax said:

You would think that, but for guard and covert it is very easy to run out of eligible models, so every model counts and in cursed it is also a pretty big negative that they come in with a cursed token. This is without even mentioning the one strategy where they can't ever interact with the strategy markers. 

So I definitely think it is a loss worth considering 

its hard to kill stitched and it can intaract to throw curse token on enemy model

always make it

its just too much impact

i would say weaver must be nerfed

with dreamer u sometimes get 22ss summoning per turn

I think I'm lost (be patient, maybe I didn't understand), what is the difference between playing the widow and two wicked dolls and playing the latter, with lady yume?

that you have the bonus to immediately kill a doll (for one scrap) and once during the activation of the widow that she will summon two stitched do you look at two cards?

3 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

I think I'm lost (be patient, maybe I didn't understand), what is the difference between playing the widow and two wicked dolls and playing the latter, with lady yume?

that you have the bonus to immediately kill a doll (for one scrap) and once during the activation of the widow that she will summon two stitched do you look at two cards?

You get to look on one of the places,  and that could be Widow Weavers start of activation place so you can see cards and know if you need to stone or filter a weak etc.

For me what I like about Lady Yume is all the little value adds- look at cards on place, unbury an alp and injure someone into made to kill, card draw, etc.

I don't know that she is great but I enjoy her.  It does feel like models like Candy might be better, although candy's healing doesn't feel as relevant to the crew.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...