Thirty-Three Change Likely on the Way

Banjulhu

That's certainly a different master.

Less boxes dropped by LJ.
Boxes from DMs and DMRs now costs cards from hand.
Pine Box coffins have to be dropped in base contact with the target rather than 1"
Lost regeneration.
Her bury now only distracts.

image.thumb.png.b84059f8079c1197b38cf86752748519.pngimage.thumb.png.2c05c1b1c71ee1bb9654545147d5161b.png

Her only buff seems to be to allow Marshals to draw LoS through coffins now, which given the piss poor nature of Marshal shooting is not much..

Not really sure what her draw is beyond not being Lady J 1.

I can see why changes were made. Reliably removing models from the table with minimal interaction is not fun and can lead to NPEs very easily.

I would say no one was really complaining about lady J 2 because the odds of facing her when coming up into guild were low when Hoff 2 existed, whereas playing into Tara2 was very likely when playing Outcasts.

Still feels like all that has happened here is a downgrade without adding anything back to make up for the loss.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Banjulhu said:

Still feels like all that has happened here is a downgrade without adding anything back to make up for the loss.

Looks like they buffed equilibrium range, she has a powerful suite of options for her bonus action now, friendly marshals can ignore coffins for LOS and cover, Entropic Debt is more reliable and hands out adversary...

So her support options have gotten very strong at first glance.

• Agree 1

Adversary from Entropic Debt requires the target being undead which in most cases means using an action to drop a coffin near an enemy and then a second to hopefully add the adversary. That's a lot of setup just for getting positive flips on a single target.

Marshals seeing through coffins is not much of a buff when Marshal shooting is sub-par.

So whilst I slowly try to fathom what Lady J  2 does now I might as well switch back to what started this.

Ho boy does Thirty-Three kind of just suck now?

8 points for a stat 6 range 0" melee attack that does 2/3/5 damage that may temporarily bury an enemy without adding a condition if you are lucky to get the trigger and the enemy pooches a 2nd cheatable WP flip or drops a coffin marker if you are lucky to get the other trigger. Why would you willingly take this model?

I'm okay with the idea that Lady J 2's gameplay was too much of an NPE and needed a change up but they could have at least left her with some models other than the Lone Marshal that feel like they can be elevated with her support rather than made slightly less crap.

52 minutes ago, admiralvorkraft said:

33 is an incredibly useful tech piece now rather than a game definitely monster. I'd still take her every time with Tara.

Interesting! What for?

I think she's still decent with LJ, probably both versions actually. LJ 2 support 33 quite well (adversary, free focus, burying models, etc...). For LJ1, grabs 7s from the discard pile to guarantee one of the suits of the leap.

51 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

Interesting! What for?

I think she's still decent with LJ, probably both versions actually. LJ 2 support 33 quite well (adversary, free focus, burying models, etc...). For LJ1, grabs 7s from the discard pile to guarantee one of the suits of the leap.

"Hit two important suited TNs" is just generically good tech for everyone xD

I've even seen 33 used OOK in outcasts (though that was stronger with pine box).

14 hours ago, ShinChan said:

Card recycling I'll give you but I'm not sure it's worth the 8pts buy in alone.

Lady J 2 supporting a model well is not the same as the model being supported being actually worth that support and I think that will be what is going to sink Lady J 2 going forward a lot. She in a vacuum is fine, she just has scant little in her keyword that gets work done.