Hidden sniper + Asylum

Brilliance Laced Whiskey

Question

I was looking into taking Asylum models into my Lucius crew.

Hidden sniper can draw LoS and range from any Elite/Mimic model. 

Question 1.  Does Lucius have to have Line of Sight to said model for use of hidden sniper?

Question 2, if an Orderly gets his Hold Down trigger on a melee, can a friendly/elite model use hidden sniper even if they can't draw line of sight to Lucius?

Third question, what if the friendly elite/mimic can draw line of sight to Lucius, but Lucius can't see the orderly/engaged target?  Could the model use Hidden Sniper when the Orderly uses Hold Down?

Or would all instances of the Orderly using Hold Down require Lucius to have line of sight to the said combat for use of Hidden Sniper?   I think this is the answer, but I'm just double checking.

3 answers to this question

Question 1. No lucius doesn't need to see them to draw los from them.

Q2 No. The only model that can use hidden sniper is lucius. He doesn't allow another model that action, he just can draw los and range from another model. They never take the action.

He can only use it in response to hold them down if he can see the target,  because of hold them down. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Brilliance Laced Whiskey said:

Question 1.  Does Lucius have to have Line of Sight to said model for use of hidden sniper?

No.  Pretty much the only implicit qualifier on that 'any' in "can draw LoS and range from any friendly Mimic or Elite model" is "in play".  :)

3 hours ago, Brilliance Laced Whiskey said:

Question 2, if an Orderly gets his Hold Down trigger on a melee, can a friendly/elite model use hidden sniper even if they can't draw line of sight to Lucius?

The words "another friendly model with LoS to the target" in Hold Down means that Lucius has to have LoS to the target.  Hidden Sniper's italics don't give Lucius the ability to ignore LoS requirements or to be considered to have LoS from those other models except during the action.

• Thanks 1