Snorty Saiga

Question

Hiya folks, need some clarification on Miya Murakami's ability.

Does her Stories of the Red Library ability allow the Story crew to have access to the The Configuration ruling?

If you look at The Configuration upgrade, it's limited only to the Witness Crew.

But then it seems odd that the ability has the wording "When this model or a friendly Story model in LoS activates,.."

Thank you in advance!

Screenshot 2022-10-23 at 21.07.35.png

Screenshot 2022-10-23 at 21.17.25.png

10 answers to this question

Stories can't use the configuration, her stories of the red library just allows her the chance to get 3 tomes into the config in thunders as there's no way to get 3 witness activations in thunders (with what we've seen at least).  Its kind of a bespoke repository action that helps her when shes out of arcanists.

Dabblers don't have something similar when they're in Bayou, but since they can theoretically put 2 cards a round into the config (a failure + repository) and are rare 3 they don't quite need an ability like this as much there.

The Configuration upgrade card can be taken by a Red Library crew containing Miya. The only model in the crew that can benefit from the Conduit ability on the card though is Miya so in Red Library/Story the main use for the Configuration will be that the Story models and Miya placing the tomes into your configuration will hand out Shielded+1 through her Untol Tale ability

From the rules posted, any crew which contains a model with the Witness keyword can hire the configuration upgrade.  The upgrade itself will only help friendly witness models with extra suits. 

Edit- see the post below for a correction,  it's a pain to find the limitation crew rules at the moment, so I didn't check. 

6 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Small correction - I believe any crew with a witness model must take the upgrade. This is relevant for upgrades with downsides (like the Bygone keyword).

Could you provide the ruling stating that they must take the upgrade?

As far as I know, upgrades with the Special limitation need abilities/actions that attaches the said upgrade.

And quick check on the Witness keyword, none of the models has abilities/actions that do so. 

Sorry for playing the devil's advocate here, just curious about this ruling references.

40 minutes ago, Snorty Saiga said:

Could you provide the ruling stating that they must take the upgrade?

As far as I know, upgrades with the Special limitation need abilities/actions that attaches the said upgrade.

And quick check on the Witness keyword, none of the models has abilities/actions that do so. 

Sorry for playing the devil's advocate here, just curious about this ruling references.

Good question! Just what I heard... Where have they released the rules for upgrades? Or have they not released them yet?

Would be hilarious if Tiri's crew is not required to attach the upgrade xD

52 minutes ago, MelanHolic said:

I have a question about Stories of the Red library too. Does Miya take a card from discard and add it to cofiguration, or Does she add Just a virtual Tome to configuration if you have it in discard? 

Remove a :tome card from the discard pile and put that card into the configuration.