Red Library revealed!

Mindbadger

Shout out to Corner Case for the reveal!

So where Linh Ly Storyteller was more focused on the Story half of her keywords, this one cares more about the Red Library models. 

At first glance, they look squishy but have some ways to negate damage with some set up. Definitely some thinking and planning required, without scheme markers down, Linh Ly can get killed fast, but her bonus action helps with that. They seem quite condition based, a lot of slow and some distracted getting thrown out.

The totem brings a decent amount, a scheme marker for a card, arcane reservoir and quite annoying to kill. The minions seem good. 

Not a huge amount of damage, I'm guessing the Story models bring that. Lots of utility and scheming though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.cb1818b22625b06105c753f9197ccf47.png

So this guy just got shown on Waldo's weekly, he seems like a beast! All of his actions seem strong, he has some great triggers, built in Show of Force on his bonus is amazing! A tanky model with a long range Take The Hit, he can even pump out some decent damage, especially with Linh Ly Storyteller handing out adversary. 

Red Library/Story are shaping up to be a very mobile dual Keyword, with the Story models providing the meat and the Library folk giving more controlling options. They seem good so far!

4 minutes ago, Psycho_alchemist said:

When I saw the model I was half expecting a rider for TT, but this is not even comparable.

Take the hit, but still only armor +1 and no HtK/HtW. Not exactly tanky...

What I like the most are his different movement shenigans, take the hit from 6" is by itself a neat reposition trick!

He has stones and a self heal :)

And Map Map can take some pings for him too... There's heaps of synergy in this crew and we're yet to see everything!

Seems to be a bit more of a tricksy sort of bubble keyword at the moment over the brute force/attrition bubbles of Hoff, seeker or M&SU. So many movement tricks, yet not super-duper tough or hard hitting.

7 hours ago, Psycho_alchemist said:

When I saw the model I was half expecting a rider for TT, but this is not even comparable.

Take the hit, but still only armor +1 and no HtK/HtW. Not exactly tanky...

What I like the most are his different movement shenigans, take the hit from 6" is by itself a neat reposition trick!

FWIW, if he does Take the Hit while within 4" of Miya he'll gain a shielded from her Untold Tales prior to getting hit, so that's closer to/better than Armor 2, which helps.

10 hours ago, Da Git said:

And Map Map can take some pings for him too... There's heaps of synergy in this crew and we're yet to see everything!

Seems to be a bit more of a tricksy sort of bubble keyword at the moment over the brute force/attrition bubbles of Hoff, seeker or M&SU. So many movement tricks, yet not super-duper tough or hard hitting.

Actually, Map Map only works on Red Library models and Thanh doesn't have that keyword.

• Thanks 1