Waldo's Weekly - Mr. Bright Eyes

Kyle

Hey Wyrdos!

This week, we couldn’t find Waldo anywhere. It’s highly unusual for our precocious imp to miss a Wednesday, so everyone set out to try and find where he’d hidden himself. The only things we found were a sticky note on the fridge (and all of our lunches missing). It read: “Saw W.E., not coming back ‘til next week.

What could have spooked him so bad?

WW_9.28.2022_Art.jpg

Well, there are legends that tell of a creature that lurks in the Knotwoods. It hunts in spaces where none but the oldest Mimics walk. Listen… can you hear the wet blinking of eyes?

WW_9.28.2022_Card.jpg

White Eyes is the closest thing to a horror story the Neverborn have. As a member of the Returned keyword, this ancient crookskin will be able to join Kastore and his brood (or any other Neverborn crew brave enough to take him).

We can’t leave Fated from Through the Breach without some terror in their hearts. Check out this free Augment below (or click on this link) to include White Eyes in your games. He’s a great adversary, and an even better way to explore some of the deeper parts of Malifaux’s most frightening places.

WW_9.28.2022_Cover.jpg

Want to learn more about Kastore? Check out Malifaux University’s reveal covering some of the Returned keyword in the link below! It’s a great way to get insights into how this dual faction Master will play.

That’s all for this week, Wyrdos. Hopefully Waldo shakes his fear of White Eyes in time for next Wednesday! If you’re looking for more Madness in Malifaux spoilers, we suggest tuning in to Danger Planet in the next few days. Their reveal is sure to reel you in…

image.png

• Like 3

Well to start, awesome model, awesome backstory!

Rules-wise, a little bit of everything. Quite tanky for a 7 point model with 9 wounds, Hard To Wound and the ability to rack up some shielded. He can hit pretty hard and can't be cheated against. He has some disruption with Terrorize and can even jump on someone he has pushed out of position with the trigger.

Outside of that, he has some specific tech considerations. No resistance triggers and the ability to eat shielded in any aoe could be useful against certain models or crews.

He seems he would fit in well with Lucius, and also with the Neverborn Starter box. The Grim models can rack up shielded in case he needs a heal. Lucius let's him make use of Inhuman Physiology outside of his activation. He seems generally good enough to fit in with Kastore. I could see him being taken out of keyword.

A pretty decent toolbox of a model.

• Like 1

Seems like a pretty great all around model for 7 pts, which as a Lucius player makes me very happy.  Some nice abilities to mimic/command as well, with some ping damage potential to pick off wounded targets.  I love any model with enemy movement potential, which puts him high on my must take list (especially given some of Lucius' squishy models).

Looks very useful if you ask me.

Guillermo Del Toro should be proud!