Lost Love X - Bournemouth - Feb 11th 2023

Clousseau

Still going after 10 years! As always this will be beginner friendly with a fixed leader format using Gaining Grounds Season 3.

Running as part of Beachhead show in Bournemouth,  so you also get time to visit the traders.

More details here: https://facebook.com/events/s/lost-love-x-malifaux-at-beachh/5338338696220132/

Tickets https://entoyment.co.uk/product/11-02-23-lost-love-x-malifaux-tournament-beachhead-2023/

Players

1. Michael Lemos
  2. James Moring
  3. Ben Salmon
  4. Callum Smith
  5. Alex Gray
  6. Nick Gray
  7. Oz Goff
  8. Luke Cocksedge
  9. Alex Walsh
  10. Anthony Harris
  11. Mike Moore
  12. Jamie Varney
  13. Matt Lewin 
  14. Jack Bicknell 
  15. Alex Morgan
  16. Sam Pugh
  17. Adam Yarwood
  18. David Brown (reserve if we have odd numbers)
Edited by Clousseau
Player update
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/5/2022 at 2:27 PM, SteampunkCake said:

Haven't played at an event in a while. Fixed leader, everyone picks and single leader and runs that for the whole event right?

Yes, same leader, but crew composition may change between games.

Rulespack is included in the event details, or message me with any queries.

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, S4lt said:

Is there an attendees list for this?

It'll go in the first post as usual, once people start buying tickets! First ones went yesterday I believe, so I need to contact the event co-ordinator for names on a regular basis as it's all administered through them..

Will be promoting this on facebook today.

• Like 1

Hey folks.

First Malifaux tournament I'm attending (used to be a big 40k tournament player). What do I need to bring along in terms of tokens etc and do people use the app to play? I've got my painted crew, cards, fate deck and assume I'll need scheme/strategy markers. Do people use condition tokens or just the app? I have custom strategy markers for the base rulebook missions (just about to look at the gaining grounds 3 changes). Also have corpse and scrap markers. Also it would be helpful if you guys have any tips on player etiquette I should know. Maybe some common faux pas people make lol.

Thanks in advance for the help :)

21 hours ago, Mike Moore said:

Hey folks.

First Malifaux tournament I'm attending (used to be a big 40k tournament player). What do I need to bring along in terms of tokens etc and do people use the app to play? I've got my painted crew, cards, fate deck and assume I'll need scheme/strategy markers. Do people use condition tokens or just the app? I have custom strategy markers for the base rulebook missions (just about to look at the gaining grounds 3 changes). Also have corpse and scrap markers. Also it would be helpful if you guys have any tips on player etiquette I should know. Maybe some common faux pas people make lol.

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Hi Mike. There are no hard on fast rules on recording conditions, wounds, etc. Personally I use markers & dice respectively, some write on their cards and others use the app. Whatever you are comfortable with is fine. Be prepared to share such info with your opponent freely.

Most players use the app for game tracking, and the sheet you will get on the day includes relevant QR codes. If you need specific markers on the day that you don't have then just ak your fellow players, or me.

You'll need pen/pencil, tape measure and something to record soulstones. For GG3 specific markers check out Rampage Games (Oz is coming to the event so you can save on postage), but you'll be fine with what you have for now. After playing a few games you'll see what, if anything, you need/want to buy for the next one!

Finally, if you don't manage to pre-register on Bag o Tools don't worry, I 'll sort that out on the day.

Finally, finally, arrive early and chat with the other players. We are all very friendly, and will explain everything as we go through the day games.

On Saturday I'd like to start game 1 a little earlier to allow a longer game with the aim of at least getting to turn 4. Recent experience has shown that game 1 is the slowest as players get into the swing.

Therefore can you please be on-site and registered with me by 9:30 with the aim of starting game 1 at 9:45am.

Thank you for your support.