Leave no Witnesses

theamazingmrg

I have (probably foolishly!) agreed to a game against Damian Ravencroft (not sure which version) and will be taking Guild.

What are the best options for dealing with his nonsense?

My first thoughts are Sonnia for blasting from range, Perdy for similar reasons (plus the Stunned on Trick Shot might be useful!), or Badlands Sheriff for that sweet, sweet, Sandworm to murder any weenies in the back line.

But I freely accept I'm going to get trounced!  I'm just looking for any advice, if there is any!

The gun line potentially threatens the back line,  depending on the table.  On the whole guild has a reasonable chance into Damien,  since it typically has a lot of ranged attacks, which make it much harder for Witness to keep the squishy support safe and still doing things. 

My limited experience with witness suggests that without the free suits from the configuration they are a bit risky, and so I always wanted to try and keep 2or 3 cards in there so the first activation of the next turn can have the suits. But that means keeping at least 1 cheap model with armour as its main defence alive and guild can have ranged armour piercing attacks. 

After that it's seems reasonable to assume witness will have a good hand if given enough activations, but if you make them take lots of duels they can't cheat them all.

• Like 1