Carlos Vasquez

Brati

Hi,

just a short and maybe stupid question.

Is there and option to get hands on Carlos Vasquez without the Performer box?

I recently start the game an ordert every box for Wildfire (yeah its Kaeris) and some Guild stuff for Sonnia.

I love all the boxes, cause everthing is very useful, but perfomer makes me feelling a bit strange, cause I need only one model.

Thanks in advance and kind regards

1 hour ago, Brati said:

Hi,

just a short and maybe stupid question.

Is there and option to get hands on Carlos Vasquez without the Performer box?

I recently start the game an ordert every box for Wildfire (yeah its Kaeris) and some Guild stuff for Sonnia.

I love all the boxes, cause everthing is very useful, but perfomer makes me feelling a bit strange, cause I need only one model.

Thanks in advance and kind regards

You only need one model...  For now...

But yeah, I know what you mean (he's the only Wildfire model I don't have too).  It can be annoying when you only need one model out of a box but if you had Colette, the whole box might be useful, and if you had Rasputina, then the Ice Dancers might be useful there (then again, maybe not, they aren't the greatest!).  And Malifaux players do tend to expand beyond their original crew at some point to get more from a specific faction so even if you think you don't want them now, they might come in useful further down the line.

The only other real options are trying to find a second edition Carlos Vasquez box second-hand on a site like eBay (but remember it won't come with a M3E card, so you would need to use the app or order an on-demand print from Wargames Vault), or trying to get hold of a Miss Tique model, which is an alt sculpt for Carlos and looks very cool.  These are normally only available from the Wyrd webstore during their sales, but they may also end up on eBay and the like.

Thank you, 

Yeah, I will expand crew's and masters but neither Colette nor Rasputina are planded. 

The card is not so important cause a fine printer will do it and also laminate card. Thats how I make the Upgrade cards. 

Lets see what happens, Sonnia and stuff is the next. 

“Is there any other way of getting a Carlos Vasquez?”  You’re posting a few weeks after GenCon, and this year the “Miss” alternate sculpt was a lady version of Carlos Vasquez.

https://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2022/7/20/waldos-weekly-the-fallen-kingdom

So you may be able to wait for Black Friday and see if Wyrd puts that Alt for sale, or you may be able to trade (or eBay) for someone’s extra copy.  (The ones I got are spoken for already…)

• Agree 1

There is a shop Gadzooks (US based I think) that breaks up boxes and sells individual models, Carlos might be accessible through them. 

Maybe someone in your meta or on a Wyrd Place or in the trade forum area here is looking to trade or sell a Carlos.

43 minutes ago, solkan said:

“Is there any other way of getting a Carlos Vasquez?”  You’re posting a few weeks after GenCon, and this year the “Miss” alternate sculpt was a lady version of Carlos Vasquez.

https://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2022/7/20/waldos-weekly-the-fallen-kingdom

So you may be able to wait for Black Friday and see if Wyrd puts that Alt for sale, or you may be able to trade (or eBay) for someone’s extra copy.  (The ones I got are spoken for already…)

Then as Solkan pointed out here Miss Tique is an alt-Carlos, quite a few folks may have a spare, and she is likely to be available from Wyrd during the Black Friday sales.

So your chances are pretty good of finding him/her as an individual model. Good luck.