Malifaux World Cup 2023- May 27th and 28th 2023

ScottishMetaLew

Apologies, I completely forgot it is only a four player event (not five like the ITC was).

I am curious how much of an advantage it will give as yes they do choose 1 and 3 but the second team does get to put forward their two counters. I guess it is something for the organisers to keep an eye on for future events as this is the first of its format.

Keeping in mind your desire to run 1 of each strat on each of the 4 tables (cool concept) I have two suggestions that try to minimise time spent between rounds on the pairing process:

Each team declares all 4 factions, all 4 tables are shown with a different Strat/Pool assigned to each of them. Each team secretly writes down which faction will play at each table - then the usual app system of master and crew declaration continues

OR

Similar system to the one you currently have but TEAM A puts forward one player, then TEAM B two and TEAM A chooses the matchup on tables 1 and 2, then TEAM B chooses table 3 (and therefore 4). Still an advantage for one team, but significantly less than the current system.

Hope it at least gets some ideas going for you guys.

On 2/15/2023 at 4:51 PM, Draysen said:

Keeping in mind your desire to run 1 of each strat on each of the 4 tables (cool concept) I have two suggestions that try to minimise time spent between rounds on the pairing process:

Each team declares all 4 factions, all 4 tables are shown with a different Strat/Pool assigned to each of them. Each team secretly writes down which faction will play at each table - then the usual app system of master and crew declaration continues

OR

Similar system to the one you currently have but TEAM A puts forward one player, then TEAM B two and TEAM A chooses the matchup on tables 1 and 2, then TEAM B chooses table 3 (and therefore 4). Still an advantage for one team, but significantly less than the current system.

Hope it at least gets some ideas going for you guys.

I like the first one. Its just how to take the team out of teams cup

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Thanks for the questions and comments regarding pairings. There is no perfect way to do this but within the TO team we have discussed it and for this year at least we are gonna stick to the published pairings system. If during the weekend this becomes problematic and is as weighted as people think it might be (which we as TOs don't feel it is) then we will gladly take all criticism and feedback to improve for 2024.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

To piggy back off the Vassal World Series announcement today. We won't be implementing their ban list. I'm a big advocate of we should learn to deal with the issue models and the TO team don't want to make changes to models that aren't Wyrd approved. We're still debating the subject of Koji but if he very surprised if we went for a similar style self errata and ban list

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ScottishMetaLew said:

To piggy back off the Vassal World Series announcement today. We won't be implementing their ban list. I'm a big advocate of we should learn to deal with the issue models and the TO team don't want to make changes to models that aren't Wyrd approved. We're still debating the subject of Koji but if he very surprised if we went for a similar style self errata and ban list

Glad to read this, not because I play with those models but because it always reminds me of when the first Reva came out and people wanted to nerf it before we got the physical models... and then a few weeks later the community learnt to play against it and all the fuss went away. 

• Like 2

On 4/15/2023 at 4:28 PM, ScottishMetaLew said:

So I can disregard your request to make a ruling about it then as you don't find it a problem now 😂 if the community has settled that koji is fine it saves us a job

There might be a misunderstanding, have i ever requested anything regarding core game rules? I have voiced my concerns regarding player pack and pairing methods, but I dont think i ever asked you to make any rulings. I have asked you if you are going to step in regarding Koji, but it wasnt a request to do anything.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...