Gen Con 22 pics anyone?

Paddywhack

15 minutes ago, Mindbadger said:

I mean, I can also say that it's a safe assumption that the dual faction keywords should be Rezzer/Bayou and Outcast/Explorer's (for reasons I've given earlier). There are already lots of models that can be hired in Keyword within a faction, but not OOK. Pretty much all of the shared models in the title boxes, so the precedent is there. You can't hire The Kurgan OOK in Explorer's for example despite him having the Seeker Keyword.

I think that the issue with Gwyll, as is, is he would be the first model to not be hirable in his own faction without paying a tax, if the Returned Master isn't at least partially a Ressers Master. Lots of models, like the Kurgan are hirable into multiple factions because they have out of faction Keywords. But thus far all those models have a home in their own faction as a part of a Keyword or as a Versatile. If Returned is not a Ressers or Ressers/X Keyword, Gwyll would be precedent setting. If the cards change that goes out the window, but I think we have to assume the cards are pretty close to print ready or we have too many variables to play the prediction game, which I find good fun. 

26 minutes ago, Nathan Sells said:

I think that the issue with Gwyll, as is, is he would be the first model to not be hirable in his own faction without paying a tax, if the Returned Master isn't at least partially a Ressers Master. Lots of models, like the Kurgan are hirable into multiple factions because they have out of faction Keywords. But thus far all those models have a home in their own faction as a part of a Keyword or as a Versatile. If Returned is not a Ressers or Ressers/X Keyword, Gwyll would be precedent setting. If the cards change that goes out the window, but I think we have to assume the cards are pretty close to print ready or we have too many variables to play the prediction game, which I find good fun. 

It wouldn't be too dissimilar to the Outcast Starter box. They are all Syndicate, yet Outcasts. The only difference between them and Gwyll is the versatile tag. Gwyll would still be able to be hired by just as many Keywords as The Kurgan or the Outcast Starter models, just with the OOK tax.

I do agree that it is a bit different and new but new "expansions" always try to add new things so I wouldn't be too surprised either way. If others hadn't said that the new book states 6 new Keywords, I'd have assumed that Kastore would be Rezzers.

• Respectfully Disagree 3

2 hours ago, Mindbadger said:

There are already lots of models that can be hired in Keyword within a faction, but not OOK.

There is no model in any faction that can only be hired in the faction the model is in by paying OOK cost. Every model can be hired by their own keyword in their own faction, or they are versatile.

2 hours ago, Mindbadger said:

Pretty much all of the shared models in the title boxes, so the precedent is there. You can't hire The Kurgan OOK in Explorer's for example despite him having the Seeker Keyword.

You're not getting the point. This would be like taking the swampfiend keyword away from the Kurgan but leaving it as a Neverborn model.

1 hour ago, santaclaws01 said:

There is no model in any faction that can only be hired in the faction the model is in by paying OOK cost. Every model can be hired by their own keyword in their own faction, or they are versatile.

You're not getting the point. This would be like taking the swampfiend keyword away from the Kurgan but leaving it as a Neverborn model.

I get your point, I just don't see the problem with it. You could still hire Gwyll OOK in Rezzers, just not in Neverborn. I don't see this breaking the game any more than having unequal amounts of dual faction masters. Would you hire Gwyll OOK in any of the current Neverborn keywords? If not, then it's a moot point.

You even typed last page that you thought that Kastore could be Returned/Nephilim shared keyword which is arguably much more unheard of, 2 different masters sharing a keyword (outside of titles).

I get that my opinion is the unpopular one, that's ok, they are all just theories. I've given my reasoning for what I think, we'll see how it plays out.

14 minutes ago, Mindbadger said:

I get your point, I just don't see the problem with it. You could still hire Gwyll OOK in Rezzers, just not in Neverborn. I don't see this breaking the game any more than having unequal amounts of dual faction masters. Would you hire Gwyll OOK in any of the current Neverborn keywords? If not, then it's a moot point.

I get that my opinion is the unpopular one, that's ok, they are all just theories. I've given my reasoning for what I think, we'll see how it plays out.

From my perspective, since the game already has uneven numbers of dual faction masters across the existing factions, I can't see any compelling reason Wyrd would be trying to change that. Whereas models being unplayable within their own factions without the OOK tax is outright unprecedented. When we don't have much information to go on the precedented version seems more likely than the unprecedented one.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, Mindbadger said:

You could still hire Gwyll OOK in Rezzers, just not in Neverborn. I don't see this breaking the game any more than having unequal amounts of dual faction masters. Would you hire Gwyll OOK in any of the current Neverborn keywords? If not, then it's a moot point.

Why would Gwyll be a ressers model then? He hates necromancy, and nothing he does involves necromancy. The only reason he'd be a resser model is because the master he is with is a resser model and the being he agreed to help keep alive with his own, non-necromancy, magic is themselves a resser.

16 hours ago, Mindbadger said:

You even typed last page that you thought that Kastore could be Returned/Nephilim shared keyword which is arguably much more unheard of, 2 different masters sharing a keyword (outside of titles).

And DMH. But the reason for that is we know the returned master has Nephilim in the keyword, and from the models we've seen is likely a Nephilim themselves(pretty much unless the master is that orrery looking construct). Yes it's possible he doesn't have the nephilim keyword and can just hire nephilim for hiring, or maybe they're a completely separate subfaction of nephilim but Barbaros having the hiring restriction changed and Gwyll not having any similar hiring restriction for Titania is why I think he's going to be returned/nephilim.

On 8/9/2022 at 5:41 PM, santaclaws01 said:

But the reason for that is we know the returned master has Nephilim in the keyword, and from the models we've seen is likely a Nephilim themselves(pretty much unless the master is that orrery looking construct).

I believe we can see a normal and title version in the pics since there's two models that are obviously the same character - one tall and lanky, one more brutish and hulking but both have the same horns and the same necklace.

Though now that I say that, I suppose it's kinda possible that they would turn into one another in game through Replace and would be a Henchman or Totem or something. But seems extremely unlikely.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

I believe we can see a normal and title version in the pics since there's two models that are obviously the same character - one tall and lanky, one more brutish and hulking but both have the same horns and the same necklace.

Though now that I say that, I suppose it's kinda possible that they would turn into one another in game through Replace and would be a Henchman or Totem or something. But seems extremely unlikely.

Yeah, I think that's the master as well. Sword thing is probably the totem. No idea what's up with the orrery.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SoylentRobot said:

the orrery is probably from a different crew entirely. the pirate looking humans & big cat dont fit with the new nephilim either

I would be inclined to assume the pirates and cat are a starter set, but that would probably mean the Orrery is from the Returned Keyword since you only get four models in a starter.

1 hour ago, Azahul said:

I would be inclined to assume the pirates and cat are a starter set, but that would probably mean the Orrery is from the Returned Keyword since you only get four models in a starter.

I figured the Orrery would be the shared model from the title box, seeing as it's a bit different from the rest of the crew. Alternatively, it could be the second version of another, currently-unknown master in that title box.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mindbadger said:

I figured the Orrery would be the shared model from the title box, seeing as it's a bit different from the rest of the crew. Alternatively, it could be the second version of another, currently-unknown master in that title box.

Seems very possible.