Take A Look, It's In A Book....

Jesy Blue

Linh Ly, Storyteller seems like a pretty powerful support master! She has some good pushes for your Story models, Adversary is always nice as is Confiscated Lore with a trigger for unresistable ping damage attached. And for a support master, her attack is no slouch either, 3/4/5 is solid and Killer Late Fees can absolutely shut down certain models (Looking at you, Jakob 2 and Hungering Darkness!). She doesn't seem like the most exciting master action-wise, but I imagine she will amplify the force of Story models in your crew by quite a lot, kind of like how Dreamer 2 amplifies Nightmare models and I still find him fun to play.

Pure speculation here, but if her title is quite supportive, I have a feeling that her non-title will be a summoner. It would fit lore-wise for her to be able to "bring stories to life" by summoning Story models whilst also being able to hire Red Library models. The title seems to encourage hiring more Story models, so I'm assuming her non-title would have bonuses for Red Library models. I'm kind of worried that this might kind of invalidate Asami, who has similar roles for non-title and title (and doesn't seem to be the strongest at those functions...) but this is just guesswork, she might be more offensively focused instead. Looking forward to seeing the rest of her keywords!

I quite like the enforcer. A fair amount of utility on the front side, not the most exciting abilities on the back, though Dreams of the Red Chamber is pretty similar to Rig the Deck from Honeypot, which is neat. Seems like a pretty good deal for a 6 point model, I'm sure she could fit into lists without too much hassle.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Necrokamo said:

It is somewhat rare that the Title Version is presented without previously seeing her team.

Well, actually..... both Ravencrofts have a title, so that may be the norm going forward.

• Agree 2

15 hours ago, Cats Laughing said:

Hmmm Sound of Thunder on Raijin will proc off Jump Off the Page on Linh and I think you could potentially check your opponent's top deck first* with Without a Voice from Miya if you've got tomes in your Configuration.

*You get to choose the order of 'when Linh activates' abilities, right?

when effects are simultaneous, the active player chooses one of his minis and resolves the effects in the order of his choice. Then another one... And then the same for the opposite player.

But why look at the cards first? Since you can't change them, it's better to look at them after the flips caused by the Sound of Thunder movement

• Like 1

Like people have mentioned in the various discord channels. Hopefully the other Story models all have abilities that proc when they get moved. Could turn it into an interesting crew.

Really looking forward to the next book.

7 hours ago, Pallas4 said:

But why look at the cards first? Since you can't change them, it's better to look at them after the flips caused by the Sound of Thunder movement

One reason is you know if it's worth making them take a sound of thunder flip. For example if cards 2 and 3 are likely to be fails, you might want to push the model to get 3 duels. Or you might see the cards are low and you're better of attacking rather than letting them use those cards on thunder flips...