What would be needed to play a dia de los muertos Lady J 1&2?

extremor

6 hours ago, theamazingmrg said:

Wake the Dead for Jury and Domadores (particularly the latter) is pretty much a must, I would say.

The really nice thing about Domadores for the Dia De Los Muertos boxes is that thematically they fit right in- which is great.  

As for models that work well with the crew, you can also consider Brutal for Justice 2, as he offers a Stat 4 Bury and is undead so can be commanded by Domadores.  Brutal has a lot of trouble competing with the Pale Rider... Justice 2 is probably one of the only Masters he can compete with the Rider in.   

Thirty-Three is also really solid in Justice 2, although you'll need to proxy until the main release.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Brutal is visually my favourite model in the faction (possibly the game) but sadly it's just not unique enough for me to take in crews very often.  That said, if you're going to, using Domadores to Obey it for that sweet :+flipon the Greatsword is the way to go.

Now I haven't tried Lady J 2 yet, so can't comment there, but Recruiters aren't great with Lady J 1 (I've always felt they work better out of Dashel 1).  They might be worth considering if you're running 2 Domadores and 2 Exorcists, but that probably isn't happening a lot of the time. 

Lone Marshal is also one to grab.  He's excellent.

But yeah, on the whole, the Keyword provides most of what you need for Lady J.

2 hours ago, extremor said:

So basicly the keyword does do the trick? Brutal would be nice as well as Rider… 

Domadores seem to fit in well. Jury, 33 need some crafting. What about the recruiter? Needed?

One thing to keep in mind, is why you are interested in playing dia de los muertos.

The two boxes:  LJ, Judge, 3x Marshals, 2x Exorcist, Lone Marshal =  46 stones.  That is basically a 50ss crew.

I bring this up because the entire point of playing a rotten harvest or nightmare crew instead of the base crew is to showcase the unique and awesome models.  Every single substitution (except for Domadores who fit in), means that you will be fielding fewer of the actual Dia De Los Muertos... and your Dia De Los Muertos theme of the crew starts to deteriorate.  

Now, is 3 Death Marshals too many?  Absolutely.  Do Exorcists leave a lot to be desired?  Also yes.  But nevertheless you are still in that awkward position where with every one of those models you sub out for expensive guild all stars like Pale Rider, Steward, a Lawyer, or even Marshal Keywords who aren't in theme like Jury or 33 you have to ask yourself "why am I paying a huge premium for beautiful models I won't put on the table because they aren't optimal?".  It is significantly cheaper to buy the regular kits, so why even pay the premium for the Rotten Harvest models if you aren't going to put them on the table?

So the question I pose to you.  Do you want to field a visually stunning Dia De Los Muertos crew?  Or do you want to field a competitive Lady Justice Crew?  Because you are going to have to pick.  

If you want the models to put on a display shelf, sure.  Then it is a visually stunning crew especially if you have the free hand skills to paint the skulls.   But if your thread asks how to play it... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Corn said:

So the question I pose to you.  Do you want to field a visually stunning Dia De Los Muertos crew?  Or do you want to field a competitive Lady Justice Crew?  Because you are going to have to pick.  

If you want the models to put on a display shelf, sure.  Then it is a visually stunning crew especially if you have the free hand skills to paint the skulls.   But if your thread asks how to play it... 

Tbh I want a bit of both. I wont play em in highly competitive setting as I play casual Games with Crews in keyword 95% of the time. But I still want to have fun playing them. Otherwise they would get me frustrated and I would slowly put them on a shelf.

And the fact wyrd produces unfinished themes as nightmare boxes… well can’t be helped. I think the Point of me asking was to plan ahead, what models would eventually be needed and how to find/sculpt fitting models. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 7:36 AM, Corn said:

Now, is 3 Death Marshals too many?  Absolutely.

If you think three Death Marshals are too many, what are us poor players who've got a dozen supposed to do?  🥶  I mean, it's not like we can just say "I'm not going to buy any more Death Marshals" and mean it.  

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2022 at 2:12 AM, solkan said:

If you think three Death Marshals are too many, what are us poor players who've got a dozen supposed to do?  🥶  I mean, it's not like we can just say "I'm not going to buy any more Death Marshals" and mean it.  

Wait, you mean you've got more than the three from the original metal box and Miss Terious??? 😱

19 minutes ago, Corn said:

Wait, you mean you've got more than the three from the original metal box and Miss Terious??? 😱

There are also the 3 from dead justice ( and she has had at least 2 different plastic boxes) ( there is also all the death Marshall models people based for their M2 Tara crew that can't be used there anymore. )

It's one of the higher number of different sculpts. ( 13 I think, before you even consider that one set had different heads...)

4 hours ago, Corn said:

You don’t?  🤯. Although, in my case it’s not twelve different sculpts…

4 hours ago, Adran said:

There are also the 3 from dead justice ( and she has had at least 2 different plastic boxes) ( there is also all the death Marshall models people based for their M2 Tara crew that can't be used there anymore. )

It's one of the higher number of different sculpts. ( 13 I think, before you even consider that one set had different heads...)

I was actually counting the metal and plastic Puppet Wars Death Marshals, too.  So by my count…

• M1E metals (3)
  • M2E plastic (3, with variant heads)
  • Dead Justice (3?)
  • M3E Plastic (3.  Does it come with variant heads still?)
  • Miss Terious
  • Puppet Wars 1st Edition
  • Puppet Wars 2nd Edition

And now the Los Meurtos versions.

• 6 months later...

So I bought the two boxes, played my first few games with these models only and must say I am very unhappy bout it. There are little synergies in the dia crew. The DM and Exc. are squishi and Slow. 
the judge, Lady J and the lone Marshal are cool and strong. But the DM and X 🤷🏻‍♀️ Don’t know what to do with them. 
Next I will try one domador with the three DM to support them. 

The long term view for Lady Justice (1) has always been the crew lacks synergy. Or where it exists it isn't worth the set up. For example the Exorcist False Accusation giving fast on the Death Marshals. It theoretically could work, but isn't practical.

Have you tried putting Lady Justice on a 40mm base and running her as the title master? I find myself much more inclined to use 1-3 Death Marshals in this version.

The Exorcists are, in either iteration, only tech pieces in my view. If you know you are playing into a crew with summons that are relied on, or lots of Terrifying, then I would bring 1-2 and tag team with The Lone Marshal. Otherwise, sadly, leave them on the shelf.

• Thanks 1