One or two thralls with Sonnia 2?

Cranky Old Man

Why the always take a Handler? I'd almost go for the second Thrall over the Handler. That 3/5/7 dg is just soooo good!

My usual list looks something like this:

Ravencrot - Unmasked (Guild)
Size: 50 - Pool: 3
Leader:
  Sonnia Criid, Unmasked
Totem(s):
  Purifying Flame
Hires:
  Samael Hopkins
  Thalarian Queller 2
  Sanctioned Spellcaster 3
  Witchling Handler
  Witchling Thrall
  Witchling Thrall 2
  Orderly

Plenty fast and plenty hitty. It's done the job for me in the past. Lots of flex if you want to bunch/gunline up more by subbing Sam & Spellcaster out for Guild Mages/Spelleaters/Hexbows.

Witch Hunters really has so many options now, you can really cater your crew to what you want to achieve.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Cranky Old Man said:

@Da Giti like the list. The reason I always take a handler is they are pretty good and the boosts to thralls is great. Plus another way of getting burning out.

I agree Handlers are great, however, I wouldn't call them an always take. Especially if I'm only running 1 Thrall.

10 hours ago, Cranky Old Man said:

@Da GitDo you take the orderly for the cheap heal?

He brings a lot actually.

1. Cheap heal
  2. Quick - Mv6 & Creep Along
  3. Hold Down trigger for more Sonnia shots (lots of other guns too)
  4. Good schemer for the bubble - with Sonnia enemies will have conditions - Burn!
  5. Ties people up with Clingy
  6. Kind of tough - HtW
  • Like 1

.Played a game vs Kaeris and it was a tie 6 all. Karelia and Elijah is all he has left and I had only lost Samael. I’m thinking about what to change in my list. Samael just hasn’t impressed me. The thrall and handler are a good combo and I took a queller to remove conditions, fire golem especially. I had taken vendetta on the golem with the thrall but I had got him down to a few health left and I just had to bite the bullet and kill him. Thrall was on the wrong side of the board, the golem can move. Fast!. Spelleaters were really good but I think I will take only one for the time being. I really missed a good beater.

Sonnia was great but I found confiscated lore to be a trap. I used it every turn and I don’t think it’s worth the ap every round. I think the first 2 turns might be enough. The purifying flame is great. We played carve a path and I chose vendetta and load ‘‘em up. Got 3 strat point, 2 for load ‘‘em up and one for vendetta. My opponent had vendetta which he got full points for and 2 for load ‘em up and 2 strat points. The gg3 scheme and strats are very different and will take a few games to get used to.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2022 at 10:15 AM, Da Git said:

Why the always take a Handler? I'd almost go for the second Thrall over the Handler. That 3/5/7 dg is just soooo good!

My usual list looks something like this:

Ravencrot - Unmasked (Guild)
Size: 50 - Pool: 3
Leader:
  Sonnia Criid, Unmasked
Totem(s):
  Purifying Flame
Hires:
  Samael Hopkins
  Thalarian Queller 2
  Sanctioned Spellcaster 3
  Witchling Handler
  Witchling Thrall
  Witchling Thrall 2
  Orderly

Plenty fast and plenty hitty. It's done the job for me in the past. Lots of flex if you want to bunch/gunline up more by subbing Sam & Spellcaster out for Guild Mages/Spelleaters/Hexbows.

Witch Hunters really has so many options now, you can really cater your crew to what you want to achieve.

May I please ask you how you get value from the Spellcaster?  I'm struggling to use them well in my (admittedly limited so far) games with Sonnia.

Many thanks in advance

4 hours ago, Strangely Brown said:

May I please ask you how you get value from the Spellcaster?  I'm struggling to use them well in my (admittedly limited so far) games with Sonnia.

Many thanks in advance

I use him as a cheap model to do schemes or generate AP. He's useful paired with Sammy on a flank. He can activate and get fast, move up and give Sammy a model to Creep Along to. That said, he's the first model to be dropped if I need to.

Kept reasonably well hidden, he's surprisingly tough to remove for 4ss. Especially for another schemer. If he hits he can also do decent damage over time with the Burning. Sammy can then finish them off.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2