Thoughts on Gaining Grounds season 3

dancater

Well, it is here.

The Strategies seem cool, a fair mix of kill and work to achieve; one is very killy - Cursed Objects; the others are more location-based.

Scheme wise:

I like most of them, a nice mix of more killing (Vendetta, Assassinate, In Your Face), survival (Hidden Martyrs, Catch and Release), positional (Secret Meetup, Public Demonstration) and scheme marker (Breakthrough, Leave Your Mark, Sabotage, Set the Trap, Spread Them Out) orientated focus. With Load 'Em Up working with any single type of marker scheme or otherwise. 

In Your Face, I think, needs to be revealed at the moment of the kill, not at the end of Turn, because I can foresee arguments of where/when a model was killed in relation to the respective Master, especially if the Master subsequently moves.

I won't comment on the respective difficulty of each Strategy and Scheme until it has sunk in and I've thought a bit. However, I'm open to more experienced and frequent players offering Arcanist Master/Crew preferred pool selections and the GG-3 Scheme, which specific Master/Crew's should avoid (and, of course, if there are any auto-avoids or auto-takes). 

6 hours ago, dancater said:

In Your Face, I think, needs to be revealed at the moment of the kill, not at the end of Turn, because I can foresee arguments of where/when a model was killed in relation to the respective Master, especially if the Master subsequently moves.

I was thinking the same thing that immediate reveal would make more sense for it. It's not like the opponent can deny it in any way after the fact so there doesn't seem to be much point in keeping it secret until the end of the turn other than the possibility of bluffing another Scheme for just a bit longer.

• Agree 3