July 2022 New Releases

Hobby Wyrd

40 minutes ago, SpannerRider said:

Before I go 'are they there yet?' too many times in Waldo's ear via the web store...and cause the imp to properly cause trouble for everyone at Wyrd, is there a general guideline to when in the month new releases hit the web store?

Tl/Dr Why yes, please take my money.

I don't pay all that much attention to the web store, so this may not be true any more, but releases were normally near the very end of the month, and they certainly used to not be added to the web store for a couple of weeks at least to allow the lgs time to sell them. So the July releases may not reach the web store until August. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Adran said:

I don't pay all that much attention to the web store, so this may not be true any more, but releases were normally near the very end of the month, and they certainly used to not be added to the web store for a couple of weeks at least to allow the lgs time to sell them. So the July releases may not reach the web store until August. 

I thought I had heard something like this somewhere before, for the sake of giving the lgs' a chance to sell them first. It's an awesome policy for the support to the community, I just wish a distributor down here in the south would provide to the lgs' so I could go support them too. 

I'll stop the staring contest with Waldo until the end of the month then ... You win this time Imp.

There is some way for lgs to order directly from wyrd, but I can't remember the details. Fortunately I can hunt down posts, so here are the details

On 1/7/2020 at 1:37 PM, Kyle said:

Hey Wyrdos,

2019 was both an exciting and challenging time for us at Wyrd, and in 2020, we are looking for ways to improve and grow. One of the biggest obstacles we saw last year was getting our games onto store shelves through traditional means.

To address this, we have begun the Direct to Retail program.

If your brick and mortar local game store is having issues receiving our products, let them know that a new option is now available.

If you are one of those stores that has experienced difficulty stocking any of our items, head over to our Direct to Retail page to find out more details, including how and where to sign up.

The program is now live, but please allow for some time to go through the application process.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Adrian, I'll bring it up to the shop I know used to host Malifaux tables in years past, I bet they would have enough interest to go for it again with the ability to get their hands on stock!

On 7/8/2022 at 2:00 PM, Adran said:

I thought I had heard something like this somewhere before, for the sake of giving the lgs' a chance to sell them first. It's an awesome policy for the support to the community, I just wish a distributor down here in the south would provide to the lgs' so I could go support them too. 

I'll stop the staring contest with Waldo until the end of the month then ... You win this time Imp.

1 hour ago, Snackelwolf said:

Greetings everyone. Question, as I'm out of the loop -- is the Wolf / Red Riding Hood Twisted Alternatives sold out already? Are there certain release dates they go live each month? I must have that box.  Thanks.

Historically, Wyrd's releases have come out at the end of the month.  A few months ago, I though they made an announcement that they were changing to a rolling release schedule (a.k.a. 'We'll release it as it arrives') because of the global shipping meltdown, but I can't seem to locate the announcement.

In any event, according to the store I usually order from, that box is still on pre-order

• Kyle unpinned this topic