Dorian has anyone used him?

Cranky Old Man

I have used him turn 1 as an unpack tool and afterwards as a secondary support and schemer.

My typical line of play is:

-Charge forward, using incorp to maneuver through friendlies

- attack a model I want to give a beneficial condition to with Cigarette holder and relent

- now use Disapproving Glance at the target of the cigarette holder, using Opportunist to remove Distracted and make it likely to hit the TN.  This pushes the target up in most strategies due to strat markers existing.  (Or just go with like a Sorrow and drop a marker)

- Losing Interest to move the rest of the crew up.

On the self heal thing, remember that Dorian moves himself *and* models in :new-Pulse: 6.  So he counts as a friendly model moved this way' for Ennui

• Like 2

On 6/19/2022 at 9:55 PM, extremor said:

But i did miss a damage track on him.

I actually like his attack action. Its 2 ping damage or move 4" with Dora and Him + 2 nasty condition. It also shines is with Dora 2 where she can switch the condition. 

Fussy company give you Boring convo + Losing interest wich is quite nice. Especially if you move your target in to Poltergeist aura.

But I agree this is not why you're hiring him. It's still way better than some other utility models attack. I especially like the fact that it's a 1" attack... I guess having a cigarette holder give you more reach than a cigar 🤣.

16 hours ago, Cranky Old Man said:

Is the self heal the ennui trigger off losing interest?

Yes.

4 minutes ago, SEV said:

Fussy company give you Boring convo + Losing interest wich is quite nice. Especially if you move your target in to Poltergeist aura.

Yes that is True. 

6 minutes ago, SEV said:

Its 2 ping damage or move 4" with Dora and Him + 2 nasty condition

I don’t get that. Push 4“ by 2 misery auras? Isn‘t that impossible due to the „Same auras“ rule? Or what do I Miss right now?

You sure it works this way? I thought even though its two different conditions it only aplies once due to the fact that the ability is only called misery and therefor no Model can be effected by multiple auras of the Same Name and esp. not if the aura is once per activation. 🤷🏻‍♀️

18 minutes ago, extremor said:

You sure it works this way? I thought even though its two different conditions it only aplies once due to the fact that the ability is only called misery and therefor no Model can be effected by multiple auras of the Same Name and esp. not if the aura is once per activation. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I don't see why it wouldn't work since one model can be affected by multiple misery aura through his activation (the one per activation is for the model generating the aura not the model being affected by it)... So gaining distracted proc Dorian misery than gaining burning proc Dora misery.

It's the same thing when you use Candy Burn out trigger on her glimpse of insanity attack. You can get 2 pings if you have an other Woe generating a misery aura and Candy within 6".

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, extremor said:

Each time you gain a condition you can suffer a misery aura, so the misery aura that pings you when you gain burning is separate to the misery aura thst pings when you gain distracted. The fact misery is once per activation applies to each aura, so if you are in several misery auras each one can effect you as long as you receive enough conditions during the activation. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Cranky Old Man said:

No ping from Pandora 2. Only Pandora 1 has Misery on front of card

Yep... For me when I referred to "Dora" it is Dora 1... But as I said, it's quite good with Dora Titles since she can switch one of the condition Dorian give.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...