Will we ever get a 3rd edition of Through the Breach?

Dancing

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2022 at 3:52 PM, Ebb said:

Personally, I'm very happy with the current version, but I'm not opposed to change.

I always wanted to create an unauthorized fan expansion, but I don't know if big Nathaniel would come in and smack it down.

I literally would create a bestiary, armory, and pantry. As well as some DM tools similar to Stars without Number/Worlds without Number...

But then again, like I said I don't know what the rules are on fan related content with this IP.

On 7/2/2022 at 5:12 PM, Dancing said:

I always wanted to create an unauthorized fan expansion, but I don't know if big Nathaniel would come in and smack it down.

I literally would create a bestiary, armory, and pantry. As well as some DM tools similar to Stars without Number/Worlds without Number...

But then again, like I said I don't know what the rules are on fan related content with this IP.

I don't know how large scale your plans are, but I think the answer is split between two parts:

So, if you wanted to write up something like "The Lost Dimension of Atlantis" (a thrilling third dimension for the players to explore) as an adventure setting, with new career paths, encounters, etc., the IP concerns are largely about things like "Are you planning on trying to sell this thing for money?"  If you're just doing it for fame and/or the exercise...

• Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 12:30 PM, solkan said:

I don't know how large scale your plans are, but I think the answer is split between two parts:

So, if you wanted to write up something like "The Lost Dimension of Atlantis" (a thrilling third dimension for the players to explore) as an adventure setting, with new career paths, encounters, etc., the IP concerns are largely about things like "Are you planning on trying to sell this thing for money?"  If you're just doing it for fame and/or the exercise...

I think my plans are going to be to create a comprehensive random tool generator for TTB that will give people tools to generate their own adventures quickly. If this has to be system agnostic tools, sure great, but I would like people to have tools for generating anything they need for a Malifaux adventure. My main inspirations would be Stars Without Numbers/World Without Numbers and how you can literally buy the books for the tables.

The tools would be made in HTML5, similar to https://donjon.bin.sh/ or https://watabou.github.io/ just tools for people.

Considering Wyrd's IP policy, I will most likely create them to be system agnostic, but they would heavily be influenced for use in Malifaux's RPG game.

I am just tired of mashing together Deadland's, Call of Cthulhu, Victoriana, Etherscope, (other random RPG tables). It would be nice to just have a web tool that can generate something random if one needed it.

• Like 1