McMourning 2

• 3 weeks later...

Question for people with McM2

Plastic Surgery says that you cannot select a non-master non lightning action that lists a model by name or attaches an upgrade.

What if I wanted to give Rot and Rend (Carrion Emissary) to a Canine Remains?
The action doesn't do either but the trigger does (Zombify).
Was looking at synergy of Pack Mentality and a decent damage nuke (Rot and Rend was one of my top picks for this)

27 minutes ago, bakaryu135 said:

Question for people with McM2

Plastic Surgery says that you cannot select a non-master non lightning action that lists a model by name or attaches an upgrade.

What if I wanted to give Rot and Rend (Carrion Emissary) to a Canine Remains?
The action doesn't do either but the trigger does (Zombify).
Was looking at synergy of Pack Mentality and a decent damage nuke (Rot and Rend was one of my top picks for this)

According to the FAQ, ( section 1:29) you can take it you just treat the trigger as blank. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Adran said:

According to the FAQ, ( section 1:29) you can take it you just treat the trigger as blank. 

This, but remember that it also has Infect. Assuming everything hits, Canine gets gets 8STR both ways, sets things up for Emissary, poison 4-8 for everyone. Leader go bye bye(unless models can remove poison/Tri Chi/Experimental)

It may be a good idea for the pups to be 3" just to be safe(rulings and all).

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Patzer said:

Couple of McM2 questions.

How does the crew handle armor, sheilded, and other damage reductions? 

Is it a crew which mostly can be played in keyword? 

Mcmorning 1 has precise, so its risky to rely on damage reduction when you build a list against Mcm. ( I know you asked specifically McM2 but your opponent doesn't know which one you are using when they hire crews, and if you learn you are facing a high armour keyword you can just build a McM 1 list). 

In addition the crew will still poison models which generally gets round armour and incorporeal, and can happen more than just the end phase. 

You can certainly play McM 2 mainly in keyword. You might look about for good ways to get the marker you want, but they are all available in keyword. 

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
On 6/26/2022 at 4:54 AM, Maniacal_cackle said:
  • Load up a mindless zombie with poison 3
  • Kill the zombie
  • It drops a marker for horrendous corpse
  • It drops a marker for dying
  • Recyle Reduce Reuse lets you slap the model back on the table (check with your TO that your meta plays it this way).
  • Mindless zombie is at 0 health so dies again.
  • Drops a marker for horrendous corpse
  • Drops a marker for dying.
  • RRR draws a card.

Just reading this through, probably missing something but can't you just keep bouncing the zombie back onto the table forever? as it comes to the table with 0 health, is removed from the table as dead, then comes back again because of mcmourning. 

3 hours ago, Coyotebreaks said:

Just reading this through, probably missing something but can't you just keep bouncing the zombie back onto the table forever? as it comes to the table with 0 health, is removed from the table as dead, then comes back again because of mcmourning. 

RRR only allows each option once per activation, so you can't place the marker a second time in the same activation.   

( I'm not sure about the issues that RRR have with killed mindless zombies,  but I can certainly argue that zombie isn't killed again  it is still " killed" from the first time so no second horrendous corpse. But its not a conclusive argument so check with your opponent). 

Edit- note to self. alway check the faq on complex issues before answering...

This seems to be answered in the last FAQ. You don't drop a MZ with RRR - you can drop a single Corpse Marker. Yes the question is slightly different, but it still tells you what RRR does when a Mindless Zombie is being 'counted as' a Corpse Marker. You get a Corpse Marker, not another MZ. 

But I'm sure some will still argue differently, so as always talk with your group. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Yeah with the faq you only get three corpses now. One for dying, one for RRR, and one for horrendous corpse.

That's still a crazy amount resources for not much effort. I'm actually thinking Horrendous Corpse could be changed if he ever gets reworked again. Maybe just cause a pulse of poison when the model dies instead of an extra corpse model. Still useful, but not quite the NPE this combo can be. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/30/2022 at 1:47 PM, Maniacal_cackle said:

Another thing to note about scheme markers is preloading.

You can safely suit up a canine remains with poison and a scheme marker upgrade, then send it into the game. When it dies it drops two scheme markers in a useful position!

Trying to get into McMourning2 and this quote is sticking with me.  Was there some cheeky way to get the dog killed I can't think of?  Or will I have to just beat it to death or hope my opponent does.

2 hours ago, Clement said:

Trying to get into McMourning2 and this quote is sticking with me.  Was there some cheeky way to get the dog killed I can't think of?  Or will I have to just beat it to death or hope my opponent does.

Usually I have the models just run around interacting to drop schemes.  If the opponent kills my model I get a scheme anyway.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Patzer said:

Plastic Surgery states Friendly Experimental Only does that mean that both the source of the action and the target needs to be a friendly Experimental? 

No just the target needs to be Experimental.

So you can put carrion emissary gun on a kentauroi.

Or Archie's attack on a flesh construct with charge through is super dangerous.

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2023 at 11:00 AM, Maniacal_cackle said:

No just the target needs to be Experimental.

So you can put carrion emissary gun on a kentauroi.

Or Archie's attack on a flesh construct with charge through is super dangerous.

Borrowing Sloth's Fast action seems ok too. So many options.

5 hours ago, Patzer said:

How do you all play around mcmourning getting distracted by summoning Fleshies? Concentrate to cancel, getting focus from Grave Digger or GST, having a baby sitter assisting Mcmourning, something else?

If you copy rogue Necromancy's attack you get a built in positive with him, so that's the best way.

Otherwise assist it off or stone through it or attack on negs.

38 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

If you copy rogue Necromancy's attack you get a built in positive with him, so that's the best way.

Otherwise assist it off or stone through it or attack on negs.

A bit tricky, but heaps of ways to work around it. Cheers! 

• Like 1