Tara into Von Schtook

Burnin4tor

Kia ora,

I’ve been having some real difficulty with Tara into Von Schill matchup specifically. Gravity well off Anna does revolting things to the crew’s mobility, and their relentless card draw means I’m almost never getting enemy models either fast or buried when needed. I don’t seem to have the killing power either to chew through his armoured, soulstone-using problematic pieces. 

short of being ‘that guy’ and doing the stupid Tara 2/33 kidnap forever shenanigans (if my opponent even permits that through positioning) I would really appreciate some advice on this particular matchup!

• Burnin4tor changed the title to Tara into Von Schtook

Tara's answer to card draw is unfortunately a little dependent on Time Warp and remembering where at least a few of your severes are in your deck. But that in itself can be a bit random (I've had games where my first 26 cards had just one Severe in them, so I had to grit my teeth and just hope the second half of my turn would go better without any control of what would succeed or what wouldn't).

My other answer to card draw is to summon Void Wretches and bury my opponent in Stutter Time duels and Glimpse the Void checks. There's no control or subtlety to this approach, but sometimes you just force your opponent to cheat a lot against Stat 4 attacks/TN 14 Wp duels, and their Stutter Time is as good as just about any other model in the crew. And then they will need to spend cards occasionally to remove those little roadblocks.

Gravity Well can be an interesting ability depending on the deployment/strategy. In Standard deployment for example it gives you so many options in where your models unbury it can be quite advantageous, particularly on Strategies like Break the Line where the opponent is going to be driving into your table half. On Symbols it's almost always advantageous, since your opponent will be spending much of the game trying to score near your deployment.

• Agree 1