Flowers and Showers Winners Announcement

Hobby Wyrd

Heya Wyrdos,

The results are in! I'm not saying that we determined tie breakers over a game of "Catch Waldo," but I'm not not saying that either. A huge thank you to all of our participants! It was a tough choice in voting!

In the Singles category::

"Miss Hapen" by @Spawnro wins $75 in Wyrd webstore credit
“Cactus Emissary” by @muraki wins $50 in Wyrd webstore credit
“Mushroom Nymph” by @menageriemorgan wins $25 in Wyrd webstore credit

Flowers-and-Showers_Singles_StaffPick.thumb.jpg.c13ecf4ce3ec3b8fb5c0ba1fdcc30e0d.jpgFlowers-and-Showers_Singles_Second.thumb.jpg.010a677a6fa01f79a2bc59fbeb9196d8.jpgFlowers-and-Showers_Singles_Third.thumb.jpg.1d8292d67f7881ab26f2aa9648c0d3e0.jpg

In the Diorama Category:

“Tanuki Ramen Cart” by @ItsyBitsyFighter wins $150 in Wyrd webstore credit
“Spring Forth” by @Tired peasant wins $100 in Wyrd webstore credit
“Mayday Stomp” by @tyler simmons wins $50 in Wyrd webstore credit

Flowers-and-Showers_Diorama_First.thumb.jpg.b2ba280588ba94df1021b7ef80273a1b.jpgFlowers-and-Showers_Diorama_Second.thumb.jpg.359b1bcc13e9bc7f41667b54406a6ef2.jpgFlowers-and-Showers_Diorama_Third.thumb.jpg.fd9b4aa6bf2ab3ea0156b8f6a64bb866.jpg

In the Overachiever Category:

"Deadly Flower" by @Skrytnikwins $300 in Wyrd webstore credit
"Sakura Yume" by @Dench wins $200 in Wyrd webstore credit
"Decay" By @Enigma wins $100 in Wyrd webstore credit

Flowers-and-Showers_Overachiever_First.thumb.jpg.994510d06157872969f91d274ef0ae9f.jpgFlowers-and-Showers_Overachiever_Second.thumb.jpg.50b2d036f43f7a0fe6cdd248ea06b229.jpgFlowers-and-Showers_Overachiever_Third.thumb.jpg.51e0514d1d54ebf490bd0e8a1ae8bad7.jpg

"Best of" Flowers and Showers (Staff Vote):

Singles - "Miss Hapen" by @Spawnrowins $100 USD (via paypal)
Diorama - "Tanuki Ramen Cart" by @ItsyBitsyFighterwins $150 USD (via paypal)
Overachiever - "Decay" by @Enigma wins $200 USD (via paypal)
Best of Wyrd Entry – "Decay" by @Enigmawins 2 nightmare boxes

Flowers-and-Showers_BestofWyrd.thumb.jpg.c143f71cb35404e5c607043df9868e4e.jpgFlowers-and-Showers_Singles_StaffPick.thumb.jpg.c13ecf4ce3ec3b8fb5c0ba1fdcc30e0d.jpgFlowers-and-Showers_Diorama_StaffPick.thumb.jpg.c106b6f87f5cbb339b8368bf4972b97d.jpgFlowers-and-Showers_Overachiever_StaffPick.thumb.jpg.7921df18ed37cfa9204f47859b21acbd.jpg

Additionally @DemiMurgos and @KID55 both win $15 in Wyrd Webstore Credit for sharing their feedback on all of the gallery entries!

As a final token of appreciation, all Flowers and Showers participants who did not place will receive $10 in Wyrd Webstore Credit!

Thanks to all of our participants and congratulations to our winners!

Flowers-and-Showers_Singles_First.jpg

• Like 9

Thank you to all of the Wyrd staff for putting this together. Another great contest. 

Congratulations to all the winners as well! So many great entries, it was really great to see all the creativity! The winners though were all well deserved, no doubt! Amazing work. 

I’ll have to remember to finish my comments faster next time :) 

I am really looking forward to the next challenge! 

• Like 1

Many thanks to everyone! To the organizers - for a wonderful competition, to other artists - for strong competition and wonderful works! 

Question to the Wyrd employees: maybe it's worth making some certificates for the winners? With a photo of the work, the name and the name of the contest. In electronic form, so that they can be printed out and hung on the wall or put next to your work. And be proud of your participation in the contest :)

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Chou said:

Clearly the Russian School of Models Painters is on another level! SHOW ME THE WAY! 😄

Congratulations to everybody for those amazing models, winners or not you guys rocked! 

Oh, hi Chou! nice to meet a familiar face here xD 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tyler simmons said:

In regards to the prize, I didn't know if we had to talk to someone about claiming it or if it would be added to my account on the website. I haven't been able to find anything talking about it. I'm sorry if it something obvious that I missed.

Same here, but the contestants didn't even get their sexy little badge either. I assume they will contact everyone once they are back from the Con. :)

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1