Bad things happen - tips on stripping paint off minis?

DemiMurgos

I have a Hamelin core crew painted that didn't come out as good as I wanted them to (mainly because I figured out I don't actually like playing with them and my heart wasn't really in the painting). They were my second crew ever to be painted and I feel they'd deserve a much better paintjob, love-hate relationship aside. Esmeralda's idea I like but the paint job is truly horrible on these 4 (imho):

large.DSC00349.jpg.20aaefaa290beb605a446large.DSC00353.jpg.fc9f998e18e6f5b5f5414large.DSC00347.jpg.55eee31e675462b263bb0large.DSC00357.jpg.347548cfdd457a5140051

I'd love to get some tips on how to strip the paint from the models without actually damaging the plastic. Is it even possible?

Yes it is possible. The ideal remedy is alcohol, it does not affect the plastic in any way, but it removes the paint (although not so much). There are also special tools (paint killer) from different paint manufacturers, but I have not tried them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I've not used them myself but simple green and detol are often suggested along with a soft toothbrush. An important thing is try what ever solution you have on a bit of sprue to check the solution doesn't affect the plastic. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...