New Keyword?

Necrokamo

Love the theme so far. Well-Versed looks like it's the keyword ability, which seems basically like a worse version of getting a:+flipto one flip a turn, which is pretty minor power wise, but maybe the leader has a way to amp the ability.

Him having Middle of the Storm and Maddening Drums kinda feels a bit like stealing the thunder (hah!) from some other models as those have been very defining abilities for The Captain and Gluttony. That said, I'm not sure that re-using abilities is all that bad since it is one way of lowering the complexity of the game a bit and naturally this guy is from a different Faction than Captain or Gluttony.

About the model himself, he seems like a very good tech pick for many situations. Sound of Thunder seems potentially quite frustrating for the opponent. Luckily he is a bit squishy so the opponent likely can deal with him if needed.

13 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Him having Middle of the Storm and Maddening Drums kinda feels a bit like stealing the thunder (hah!) from some other models as those have been very defining abilities for The Captain and Gluttony. That said, I'm not sure that re-using abilities is all that bad since it is one way of lowering the complexity of the game a bit and naturally this guy is from a different Faction than Captain or Gluttony.

About the model himself, he seems like a very good tech pick for many situations. Sound of Thunder seems potentially quite frustrating for the opponent. Luckily he is a bit squishy so the opponent likely can deal with him if needed.

Snow Storm and the Wind Golem also have Middle of the Storm.

Maybe Sound of Thunder is the keyword ability and Wyrd have finally figured out how to make the Yasunori playable without errataing it again 😆

• Haha 1

I am actually excited about what the rest of the STORY will bring, the first model looks really promising. :) I haven't been playing for long but I main TT Lucas and I feel that this faction is the closest to my playstyle. Raijin would be pretty good for scheme themed games and his ranged-dmg reducing ability is something to calculate with (so far I either annoy everyone on the matches with Lucas & Co. showering bullets all the time, or my crew just dies because they out-range me and my team is made of wet cardboard XD). 

From a painter's perspective, I already have color schemes in mind for this guy. Can't wait until he drops in Europe!

4 hours ago, Jinn said:

Snow Storm and the Wind Golem also have Middle of the Storm.

Can't believe I forgot Snow Storm! As for Wind Golem - I don't think I've ever even properly looked at what he does...

4 hours ago, Jinn said:

Maybe Sound of Thunder is the keyword ability and Wyrd have finally figured out how to make the Yasunori playable without errataing it again 😆

Now that's a terrifying thought! :D

13 hours ago, Jinn said:

Love the theme so far. Well-Versed looks like it's the keyword ability, which seems basically like a worse version of getting a:+flipto one flip a turn, which is pretty minor power wise, but maybe the leader has a way to amp the ability.

Maybe a little better when you can discard that Black Joker :) 

11 hours ago, regleant said:

Maybe a little better when you can discard that Black Joker :) 

That is true, but a it's a lot worse when you have to choose which of the two cards to use after only seeing one of them. And also a lot worse because it doesn't do one of the best things that:+flipflips do, cancel out:-flipflips to allow you to cheat.

It can be used on damage flips though, but I'm not exactly sure how much that improves your odds. 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2022 at 6:45 AM, Necrokamo said:
It look like STORY will be the Starter Box's keyword for Ten Thunders

Shouldn't he be versatile then? A model with a masterless keyword and not versatile seems too pricy for me (even if it's good, like this one)

On 6/6/2022 at 10:27 AM, Ozzac said:

Shouldn't he be versatile then? A model with a masterless keyword and not versatile seems too pricy for me (even if it's good, like this one)

Taking the Neverborn starter box as a reference, STORY seems to have the same logic for being part of the Ten Thunders's box.

37 minutes ago, Necrokamo said:

Taking the Neverborn starter box as a reference, STORY seems to have the same logic for being part of the Ten Thunders's box.

Except that the models in the Neverborn starter box are Grim AND Versatile (and Mimic for one). This guy is just Story. It would probably be a bad idea to put models in the Ten Thunders starter box which would have to be taken OOK (thus costing 1ss more) in any of the existing keywords. So unless there is some kind of rule that Story can be hired OOK without costing more, I don't see them being in the starter box.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2