Zoraida - Swamp Hag and Totem and Stuff

SurreyLee

So, having spent the weekend talking to some new guys in Norway and thinking of masters i've not played before, i've been looking at Zoraida 2 somewhat...however, she appears to be totemless. She can't hire the Voodoo doll to start and nor can she discard a card to summon one. The only way is via her lost Knowledge action. Seems a little unfair? Is this an oversight or am i missing something obvious here?

Thanks in advance you wonderful people. 

Also, Lost Knowlegde has an 8 inch range on removing markers....however, the trigger Seal Fate simply states an enemy model. Normally it would also state within range and as it doesn't, does this simply mean ANY oppo model regardless of distance and LOS?

• SurreyLee changed the title to Zoraida - Swamp Hag and Totem and Stuff

You are right, she starts totemless. She can summon in her totem with her action, ( but I'd generally expect her to summon an effigy instead).

It might seem unfair at first glance, but ask you self would you rather 3 doves or Lord chompybits? ( for example). The combined totem and master should be about the same power level, so the weaker the totem, the stronger the master can be to keep it even.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Adran said:

You are right, she starts totemless. She can summon in her totem with her action, ( but I'd generally expect her to summon an effigy instead).

It might seem unfair at first glance, but ask you self would you rather 3 doves or Lord chompybits? ( for example). The combined totem and master should be about the same power level, so the weaker the totem, the stronger the master can be to keep it even.

I suppose you are right. Not sure if Z2 is the same as Dreamer with a chompy though....still, I get the point. Maybe if after extensive playing that could change. 

I definitely agree that it seems a shame that Zoraida 2 doesn't really get a totem. It seems like a rare occurence where you would choose to summon the Voodoo Doll over any of the effigies or other options. Perhaps a good change would be that if you chose to summon the Voodoo Doll from her trigger, you'd still get the card draw. So to summon the more powerful models, you give up the card draw from Lost Knowledge, but to get her weaker totem, you get the cards. Would give her some incentive to picking the totem.

I'm not sure how she stacks up against other masters power-wise, for her to have to forego having a totem completely. Zoraida 1 still had access to her totem basically for free (discard to summon, but could sacrifice the totem to "get that card back"). Zoraida 2 essentially has to give up 1 AP for it.

I guess there are situations where you want to land the curse on a model that is hard to take down otherwise, but I agree that there should be a bigger incentive to summoning the totem over the other puppets. Her card is rather full though, so not sure if it's even possible to add anything.