New Keyword Cavalier and new minion

belorey

So this week is been anounced a new model Hex Bow. Is a Minion (3) with two keywords: Witch Hunter and Cavalier.

What do you think? I'm really excited with the possibilities the new keyword can bring to te faction. 

IMG-20220518-WA0009.thumb.jpg.919ea91081a7b611a82d09ea42a4bd85.jpg

I really like the extra shooting this modelo can give to Sonnia. With the :mask King's Glory trigger you can make AN extra shoot woth Sonnia. And that can be so interesting.

My only problem comes with his bew abilitie Runed Quiver because it isn't very clear, so i hope they can explain better before the release of the model.

Honestly, I find the potential of King's Glory to be a bit underwhelming.

Sonnia 1 can shoot and put out extra Burning or an extra Blast with the triggers.

Sonnia, Unmasked can shoot and possibly drop a few Pyres.

None of those things are things she struggles with, and shooting that puts out Burning and Blasts is exactly what the Keyword excels at - one more shot isn't particularly exciting.

Cleansing Spirit, on the other hand, is something that the Keyword will find very useful.  As is Taregt Practice (and teh trigger there is also going to be great fun).

Runed Quiver making both of those fairly easy to pull off is the icing on the cake, and I think that'll be where this model excels.

I played them, and for me it was the putting burning at range that was amazing.

Didn't want to use the mask trigger at once.

Lighting a model on fire really helps sonnia 1 (range reduction, she ignores concealment and cover, and summoning). And they are the best model at doing it into ranged and can shoot into friendly fire.

I only ever wanted the mask trigger on the second shot, after the model was on fire. And you can't build it in at that point.

Also note you can't do pyres with the mask trigger, as the pyres are a trigger.

• Agree 1

On the topic of Sonia's lone non-minion (totems don't count). The more I look at the hexbows the harder it is for me to see bringing Samael with her. They do almost everything I want from him for two stones cheaper and then some. 

He was already a tough one to fit in, and it feels like all of his roles are now better performed by cheaper models. 

1 hour ago, admiralvorkraft said:

He's Mv6, unimpeded, with Creep Along. I'm keeping him. :P

The Hex Bows will swap in with Spelleaters for me depending on the board and matchup.

You wouldn't rather take a new and improved Orderly? You lose unimpeded but they're four stones cheaper.

Maybe I'm sleeping on Samael but he's always seemed like an expensive generalist to me. 

So I don't know much about the Witch Hunter keyword but these seem like pretty strong models for 7 points. If I'm reading their King's Glory trigger right, combined with their Heat Of Battle ability, they should be able to make 3 stat 6 ranged attacks which generate 3 more ranged attacks from a friendly model, say Sonnia. That seems like a strong activation! Obviously requires a bit of set up and luck, a scheme marker, some high mask cards and a nearby ally with a ranged attack, but with their Run And Gun ability, their threat range is pretty big.

1 hour ago, Mindbadger said:

So I don't know much about the Witch Hunter keyword but these seem like pretty strong models for 7 points. If I'm reading their King's Glory trigger right, combined with their Heat Of Battle ability, they should be able to make 3 stat 6 ranged attacks which generate 3 more ranged attacks from a friendly model, say Sonnia. That seems like a strong activation! Obviously requires a bit of set up and luck, a scheme marker, some high mask cards and a nearby ally with a ranged attack, but with their Run And Gun ability, their threat range is pretty big.

Definitely strong assuming the stars align. Comparatively,  the bandit keyword has run n gun with life of crime, so is generally costing less to get a similar number of shots. Plus looking at it differently, Hexes just have rapid fire, which is already in key on Sam. (Ignoring that card discards in a Witch Hunter are at a premium due to little/no card draw) The mask trigger would be more reasonable at once per activation though.

But geez Sonnia has so many 7ss options at this point, not sure when these guys are making the cut over others (maybe into heavy armor crews?). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nathan Sells said:

You wouldn't rather take a new and improved Orderly? You lose unimpeded but they're four stones cheaper.

Maybe I'm sleeping on Samael but he's always seemed like an expensive generalist to me. 

Orderly will typically die in 2 hits, while Samael will survive a lot longer.

I like him for scheme running myself.

• Agree 1

On 5/22/2022 at 10:47 PM, Maniacal_cackle said:

Orderly will typically die in 2 hits, while Samael will survive a lot longer.

I like him for scheme running myself.

Samael will die when you opponent wanna kill him. 

I cannot see any reason to hire him when you can go with Rider for +2ss.

On 5/23/2022 at 5:50 AM, Sweet Tooth said:

Definitely strong assuming the stars align. Comparatively,  the bandit keyword has run n gun with life of crime, so is generally costing less to get a similar number of shots. Plus looking at it differently, Hexes just have rapid fire, which is already in key on Sam. (Ignoring that card discards in a Witch Hunter are at a premium due to little/no card draw) The mask trigger would be more reasonable at once per activation though.

But geez Sonnia has so many 7ss options at this point, not sure when these guys are making the cut over others (maybe into heavy armor crews?). 

I actually think Bandits probably find it easier to get the extra AP with Life of Crime. For one, with all their scheme marker generation discarding a marker is probably on average a cheaper cost than discarding a card (though it remains to be seen if this holds true for the Cavalier Keyword). For another, Life of Crime gives them the freedom of flexibility in terms of how they spend their turn. Hexbows need to end their turn within 2" of a predetermined location. A Lawyer might help get a marker out in a good spot but you do need to line up the trigger for that, and it isn't like Witch Hunters are swimming in card draw to fuel the extra AP.

• Agree 4