The great Jockey theory

Math Mathonwy

So, the latest Waldo's Weekly showed us that Bayou Bash is getting an expansion:

https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/158275-waldos-weekly-hog-wild/#comment-1281113

We got to see Toad Twins and a Whiskey Gamin. Additionally, on the front of the box there's a flying thing and a straight up race car (got to say that I'm not a fan of the monster truck).

We've also seen these two

Wyrd.jpg.fbf543beedbbbfd3510dbe7ff8fc5ad

nXr05vdLB8R0APKv3LmmCJUAv9CoFbrx1UAw_KPF

Most of these have also been previewed as minis in Gencons a few years back. I looked for them but couldn't find them easily but I remember the Whiskey Gamin, the Gator guy and a flying rocket pack contraption of some sort which might be rocket bird from the cover art.

The four Jockeys we got in the Bayou Starter were all Versatile but they also all had a second keyword.

So my theory is that every Bayou Keyword is getting a Jockey. There might also be a Jockey Master.

The Whiskey Gamin is obviously Tri-Chi but the rest are more difficult. The family could fit Big Hat and the flying contraption would fit as Infamous. Toad Twins might be Kin? The big Gator could also be Big Hat or he could be the Jockey Master. The monster truck could also be the Master, I suppose. Or Infamous.

Finally, there's the new keyword, Angler. I suppose the family might be riding a Gibbering Hordes monster? My other guess would be Toad Twins but she was probably even further from the look of the Skulker Skin so I dunno.

My guess is that twin toads is kin (twins), whiskey gamin is tri chi, then rocket bird would fit for infamous and big hat already has a mad max sub theme with Georgy and Olaf so the car could go there and finally we have the silurid with a fishing pole for angler if that pans out to be a master. 

No idea where the gator fits, though it could be future proofing. The other weird aspect to consider is from a marketing standpoint, what do you call a silurid mount? All the others even waldgeists, aren't that out there, but a player picking up bayou bash with no malifaux knowledge will be like, "catfish monster"? A minor issue. My guess would be gator and solurwould be for the 2nd smaller bayou bash expansion and for potentially 2 new keywords? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rufess said:

I think the gamin and the bird are very obviously and the Toad Twin is most likely belong to Kin, so the Mad-Max car can only be Big Hat. The only issue is that the gremlins are not wearing any hat.

Maybe the car goes too fast and they lost their hats? There's also still the the Gator couch but he doesn't have have a hat, either. Though he does have a parasol...

Also, I still think that there's a slight possibility that one will be a Master with just Jockey as Keyword.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We got the trailer for the Bayou Bash expansion (https://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2022/7/6/waldos-weekly-off-to-the-races) and confirmation that there will be four racers this time as well. Sadly no Malifaux profile previews included.

I guess I'm locking in my final predictions for the four:

• Whiskey Gamin: Tri-chi
  • Toad Twins: Kin
  • Undead Raptor: Infamous
  • Giga-Turtle: Big Hat

What does everyone think about their Abilities and Actions? For now all Jockey models have 3 common Abilities(Ramming Speed, Stampede and Trample), 1 melee Attack(for Ramming Speed) and 1 bonus Tactical Action that costs 1 wound.

Whiskey Gamin:

The Ability is probably High Tolerance for keyword synergy. It could be Beer Goggles though it would be tough to play in Moonshiner crew. Its melee can be either Hard Slam or Have a Drink, and the bonus Action can be a pulse giving out Poison.

Toad Twins:

The Ability is most likely Flinch, since The Bigger They Are could be a bit overkill when combined with Ramming Speed. Her Actions are however unpredictable.

Undead Raptor:

The Ability is Showboating for sure. It might also have Flight instead of Trample to better fir the sculpt. The Attack can be Up We Go, Talons or Beak. The bonus Action can be a self placing similar to Leap.

Giga-Turtle:

The Ability is probably I'm Done With This. Since Bayou Bash would be too much like TBTA, though it is the best Ability to put on a model from the game with the same name. The melee Attack could be Burning Wheel, the built-in pushing fit very well with the Rampage trigger. And I would like to see the bonus Action to be a minor version of Steamroller(shorter range and can remove one Destructible Marker).

• Like 1