Corrupted Ley Lines.

Vendetta, Claim Jump, Assassinate, Hidden Martyrs, Catch and Release

Yan Lo (The Whisper) + Soul Porter + 6 Stones

Manos

Yin

Izamu

Chiaki

Komainu w. Grave Spirit’s Touch

and went for Claim Jump w. Izamu and the Komainu had a Vendetta vs an Investigator.

versus

Lucius2 + Scribe + 4 Stones

Alan Reid

Mysterious Emissary

Investigator x2

False Witness x2 w. Ancient Pact

Chose Assassinate and Hidden Martyrs (Investigator + False Witness).

Great fun. The Lucius crew was a lot faster than I’d imagined, while the ancestors were remarkably tough.

I’d heard poor things about errataed Chiaki, but fluting her reliquae out was instrumental in keeping Staggered off of the ancestors. 

The investigators surprised by taking down Izamu in one round - they hit surprisingly hard, once staggered is out. There went Claim Jump.

And I made a few mistakes stumbling with the ball, so only scored 2 strategy points - as a pesky false witness interfered with the third.

But the komainu scored it’s vendetta vs. the investigator for a total of Four Points 

Lucy got himself killed by Yan Lo, but his crew kept it going on.

Scoring 4 points from the strategy, ending on a brilliant Grasping Tentacles from the Mysterous Emissary to foil Yan from getting at the False Witness scoring last point.

While protecting the komainu in the last turn meant killing an investigator and giving Lucy a Hidden Martyr for 1 point for a total of Five Points

-

A great game and a great crew though, faster and more resilient than I thought. Had I been a little cleverer, I would have made a couple of extra points from strategy, and had I believed more in the crews resilience, I’d gone for Assassination.

5 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

I’d heard poor things about errataed Chiaki, but fluting her reliquae out was instrumental in keeping Staggered off of the ancestors. 

Interesting write-up, but just a heads up that Chiaki can't hand out her own reliquary. It requires handing out a reliquary from a model in range, and she isn't in range of her own pulse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Interesting write-up, but just a heads up that Chiaki can't hand out her own reliquary. It requires handing out a reliquary from a model in range, and she isn't in range of her own pulse.

A-ha! That little thing was quite decisive. Of course, she could have dispelled magic, but … luckily I was playing both sides, so I only cheated myself 😄