Flowers and Showers Painting Competition

Waldo

First time taking part so the answer is probably something painfully obvious I'm overlooking, but how do we upload entries?

I've followed the link in the instructions and that takes me to the galleries, but once at the galleries I can't see any means of entering a submission. I can see the three galleries for the categories at the bottom of the page but clicking on those comes up with a "Oops! You do not have permission to view this content." Am I meant to just send it via direct message to @Hobby Wyrd or is there something I'm missing here?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimH said:

First time taking part so the answer is probably something painfully obvious I'm overlooking, but how do we upload entries?

I've followed the link in the instructions and that takes me to the galleries, but once at the galleries I can't see any means of entering a submission. I can see the three galleries for the categories at the bottom of the page but clicking on those comes up with a "Oops! You do not have permission to view this content." Am I meant to just send it via direct message to @Hobby Wyrd or is there something I'm missing here?

What I did was go to the root of galleries here: https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/ , and then hit the "add image" link. Here I can select the proper subforum to upload the image to.

It was not like this the last time, and I'm not sure if it actually winds up in the correct spot, but at least I didn't get any error messages.

Would be nice if someone from the staff can confirm if this works😉

• Thanks 2

On 5/16/2022 at 11:05 AM, DemiMurgos said:

Same here bud, let's do our best! :D Worst case scenario, the organizers have the right to re-categorize an entry to whichever genre it fits (even to the overachiever rank), so I am sure it will eventually land in the good place.

That's true I'm just going to put my heart into whatever I get done and put it out there. I'm happy either way!

• Agree 1

On 5/17/2022 at 1:06 PM, Hawkoon said:

What I did was go to the root of galleries here: https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/ , and then hit the "add image" link. Here I can select the proper subforum to upload the image to.

It was not like this the last time, and I'm not sure if it actually winds up in the correct spot, but at least I didn't get any error messages.

Would be nice if someone from the staff can confirm if this works😉

I have tried to upload my entry based on your method, but I have received the 'You don't have permission to view this content" error. I don't know if my pictures went through. :( @Hobby Wyrd, @Kyle, could someone confirm or help us out with detes? The deadline is approaching and it'd suck if many people worked in vain. :(

Login. 

Go to Browse. Gallery. Select Add Images.

It will ask you to choose a Category. Scroll down till you find Flowers and Showers 2022 and select one of the following, Singles, Dioramas, or Over-Achiever.

When you do, the text will pop up that 'your content will need to be approved by a moderator. Click continue.

Add your image and you're good to go. 

If you're getting an error message upon upload, please let us know, or try another browser. 

If you're concerned that it hasn't been uploaded, please reach out to myself or Hobby Wyrd and we'll verify it for you. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, DemiMurgos said:

I have tried to upload my entry based on your method, but I have received the 'You don't have permission to view this content" error. I don't know if my pictures went through. :( @Hobby Wyrd, @Kyle, could someone confirm or help us out with detes? The deadline is approaching and it'd suck if many people worked in vain. :(

I got the same, but I think the image goes through anyway. We'll probably get an answer pretty soon unless they're shipping it from somewhere in Asia.. 

1 minute ago, Nathan Caroland said:

As a reminder, you can upload ONE picture. Make a montage of the images and upload it, otherwise you'll only get the one image up without multiple angles. 

Oh shoot, I'll have to re-upload then. Thanks! ❤️

I am sure ya'll have thought about this, but I always wonder if there isn't some way to submit the files so that it auto generates a "received" message or something. 

I hate having to bother you to confirm, and I am super neurotic about this kind of thing (thinking I did it right, but worrying that I didn't)

It's a small detail, but just something I was thinking about to save the kind of "did it work??" questions. 

Thanks again for a great opportunity for us to push our creative limits and get some good ole' interaction on here. Always a pleasure to participate :) 

Good luck to all, can't wait to see the crazy things people come up with!

• Like 1

PS - Huge thank you to the whole Wyrd staff for considering the comments that came from the community.

I am consistently impressed with your level of consumer consideration. Honestly, Wyrd is hands down one of the best companies I have ever purchased from in terms of customer care, and it's why they are the only mini company I purchase from! 

Keep being awesome!!! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Brushwarrior said:

i cant seem to put my entry in :( something is wrong? it says i dont have permission...

Check out Nathan's post on what to do exactly and ping someone mentioned below if your entry got through or not. 99.9% it got through, but just in case. :) I also go the no permission error, but the picture got uploaded in the background. We'll be able to see the entries and vote from the day after tomorrow I suppose. :)

On 5/18/2022 at 5:17 PM, Nathan Caroland said:

Login. 

Go to Browse. Gallery. Select Add Images.

It will ask you to choose a Category. Scroll down till you find Flowers and Showers 2022 and select one of the following, Singles, Dioramas, or Over-Achiever.

When you do, the text will pop up that 'your content will need to be approved by a moderator. Click continue.

Add your image and you're good to go. 

If you're getting an error message upon upload, please let us know, or try another browser. 

If you're concerned that it hasn't been uploaded, please reach out to myself or Hobby Wyrd and we'll verify it for you. 

Just now, DemiMurgos said:

Check out Nathan's post on what to do exactly and ping someone mentioned below if your entry got through or not. 99.9% it got through, but just in case. :) I also go the no permission error, but the picture got uploaded in the background. We'll be able to see the entries and vote from the day after tomorrow I suppose. :)

i did, but after i clicked save details and upload, it goes to the gallery and says permission error. how can i know if its submitted/uploaded?

Just now, Brushwarrior said:

i did, but after i clicked save details and upload, it goes to the gallery and says permission error. how can i know if its submitted/uploaded?

As said, you can ping an admin or @Hobby Wyrd to confirm the entry for you. I pinged them in PM and got an answer relatively fast. :)

• Like 1

I also just submitted my entry. Wish you guys all the best! I love those categories.

I also requested confirmation of Hobby Wyrd, because I was afraid it didn't go through 😅

Good competition to ya'll!

• Like 1

Another random question (since this is my first ever competition even as voter): is there a voting mechanic integrated into the site, or we'll vote with reactions?

Secondly, do voters only have one vote altogether, or one per category?

EDIT: What are words, even. It's in the description pinned first post. Sorry! 😅

55 minutes ago, mursu9 said:

I don't know what is happening. I couldn't submit my entry yesterday (getting error code: 1G189/B) and  I still can't submit it.

@mursu9

It might be a bit too large of a file perhaps. 

I've taken a look, you don't have anything in there at this time. Try it again, and if you get the same error, just send it to me directly in a private message an I'll make certain it gets uploaded and sorted.

Again, everyone feel free to make inquiries, I'll happily look. If you can't upload it, or if you are concerned it didn't get in, you can send it to me in a private message and I'll make certain to get you sorted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4