Help with LJ2 and Perdita2

Math Mathonwy

I believe that LJ2 and Perdita2 are seen as quite powerful Masters but how do they do Strats and Schemes? Especially stuff like Symbols, Break the Line and such? As their in-activation movement tricks seem to be limited and they have very limited ways of dropping extra Scheme Markers or doing extra Interacts?

A friend of mine wanted to learn those two Masters and his first game is going to be Corner Leylines with Bait and Switch, Breakthrough, Death Beds, Spread them Out, and Outflank.

Neither him nor me are well-versed with Guild in general and we haven't played LJ2 or Perdita2 ever and are feeling a bit stumped. Which one would you take and any idea on Scheme selection or specific model choices? The opponent is Arcanists.

So all general insights as well as specific advice would be super welcome!

37 minutes ago, im_open_to_suggestions said:

While i have not played guild for a while if i was taking LJ2 into that i would pick breakthrough and deathbeds.  Using the pale rider or lone marshal to score breakthrough and naming coffin markers for deathbeds.  

I can see where you're coming from but getting two VP from Breakthrough seems like it would be difficult. With Pale Rider it would take two turns mostly dedicated to the Scheme and Riders get so juicy for combat at the end of the game that it seems like a shame to not get on that sweet sweet murdering. Coupled with Death Beds that seems like a ton of AP tied into dropping Markers.

That said, I do like the Deathbeds for Coffins idea. As a bonus, it seems super thematic! :D 

Perdita 2:

After any Family model ends its activation can discard a card so you can choose other family to take an action (if they concentrate you Focus, push 4" toward an enemie + draw a card).

You usually play family with 6-7 members so they would use the ¡A por él! 6 times:

Perdita > Francisco > Santiago > Niño / Papá Loco > Monster Hunter > Abuela > Pistoleros del Látigo 

This is the order, so the models can only choose models on the right side of the list. Usually you will use the ¡A por él! To concentrate and get the Bravado extra mov. But you can also interact, shoot, charge... So you have extra actions to get what do you need and score the points.

Perdita can summon pistoleros and if they are within 2" of a family thet get +1 to their stats and a suit each duel. If you are playing with abuela you get extra +1 when taking actions OoA (Out of Activation) so pistoleros can take Shoots with stat 6:ram for 2/3/5 or 3/4/6 if you flip a :ram in the duel. Usually you shoot with Focus because they get It so easy that means you will be able ti cheat severe damage and kill an enemie minio.

If a Pistolero kills a model you drop a scheme in btb and replace the pistolero with a Monster Hunter. Thats a very good abilitie. 

So my advise would be "Hunt enemies weak models with Pistolero to drop schemes and replace with a strogest model".

Summoned models cannot score strategies, but they can carry the Lodestone to score Ley Lines. And you can use the summoned Pistoleros to score Spread or Outflank with Sly (but no the turn they are summoned.

• Like 1

Easy Bait&Switch with LJ2 for first point (at least in my head it is :D )

Bury model, unbury in your backline, drop scheme marker. Corner should be good for the 2nd point too.

otherwise: Rider with LLC can score Leylines first two turns while the rest of you goes and murders Stuff. I would not go for Breakthrough on Corner with LJ because i want to murder stuff, not take walk actions. I think death Beds is allright and B&S, you can score strat and bury his strat scoring models and if you kill enough stuff its a win?

I have little experience with Perdita, so can't comment

• Like 1

Family under Perdita2 are surprisingly fast with Family Value, A Por El and Trick Shot. And with Sly they can do Breakthrough as well. If I was playing the game, I would take Breakthrough and Death Beds(Strategy Marker), aiming at first 2 point of Strategy while more focusing to stop opponent scoring. Remember that Guild Mage, the honors member of Family, can drop Scheme Marker from any kind of Marker.

Justice2 and Marshal are different story. 33 is a decent runner for Ley Line so they can plan for full point from Strategy. Lone Marshal can score the 1st point of Breakthrough pretty easy, but may struggle at the 2nd point so I would just forget it. They can as well hire Guild Mage for Scheme Marker dropping, as well as turning Shrug Off into a healing Action.

You can hire the Pale Rider as a runner of Ley Line or Breakthrough, but do not plan for both.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Symbol is always a pain for guild. These 2 masters do not change that.

For break the line, LJ2 with lots of death marshals is nice. They are cheap, will often get fast and can clean around a marker as they charge in with pine box. For Perdita, well... If you shoot every scheme runner of your opponent, you will score on next turns ^^

• Like 1

Most of Guild is still oriented around board control and denial play. I've run a fair bit of Family, Elite/Mimic, and title Witch Hunter. With the exception of Lucius Dishonorable the plan is always pick the schemes that require the least movement, and narrow down my opponents options through killing/body blocking/conditions.

That being said, Grimwell and one or two Orderlies are a pretty decent scheming package in most crews. 

• Like 1

Perdita2 is pretty good at Leylines. Summoned Pistoleros are decently fast and can score it next turn after summon. Trick Shot is pretty good at moving models away from markers. Damage output isngood enough that you can't really go into a firefight.

LJ2 for me is also decent at Leylines but she basically plays a deny game more than any strat.

• Like 1